Sky Broadband

Gordon Gekko

I had sky broadband before I moved last month, was getting about 7 (though I was paying for 20 kmt) but never had to wait for things to buffer so I didnt even make an issue of it.

So just to confirm then, no one has a bad word to say about Virgin? Only asking cos Ive moved recently and could stick with sky but where Ive moved theres gonna be a lot more people using the broadband so Im figuring that I might need to have more available to me.

Oh and I checked, Im about 400 metres from the local telephone exchange which is kinda nice.

check if BT have enabled fibre on your line, then its just not virgin, you could get BT infinity, talk talk etc

i was gonna do it with talk talk but i have no need for it atm

with talk talk its an extra £10 on top of normal broadband price, upto 40mb

can check here https://sales.talktalk.co.uk/products/broadband/fibre-optic/check/

you can check with BT aswell, its somewhere on their site, this told me i could get 35.8mb

so that or virgin I guess if you want nice speeds, not sure on virgin prices, remember the line rental aswell

• 4 weeks later...

Virgin Media > ___________________________________________

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-16491614

100 BLOODCLART MEG (yes still behind other countries, but still thats sick, giganews will get battered)

when the virgin dude came the other week he said hold on for a bit because they are gonna double everybodys speed because they are gonna use 10mbit lines just for TIVO boxes.

some ISP's are barley hitting 10mb for the internet browsing nevermind a TV box :lol:

bt have Fibre to the cabinet, which is 40mb atm (going up to 80 next month) from cab to home is copper

they also have 110mb FTTP which is fibre straight to the home, no copper involved, has potential to go up to 1gb, this is only for 25% of the uk atm

Virgin is fttn or something, has a next cable from the cabinet.