Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mame Biram Diouf

So Detox Really Is Never Coming Out...

16 posts in this topic

220px-Dre_Dre.jpg

Dr. Dre ready for a break from music, wants Beats By Dre to become second only to Apple.

After almost three decades of non-stop contributions to music, producer/rapper Dr. Dre says he’s finally ready for a break from music.

Dr. Dre revealed the news during an interview with The Fader at the opening of the Beats By Dre store in SoHo.

Dr. Dre explained that when he’s done working with Kendrick Lamar and Slim Da Mobster he’ll be ready for a break which will consist of spending more time with his family. “These are the next two artists I’m working on, Slim Da Mobster and Kendrick Lamar. I think that’s when I’m gonna just wrap it up for a minute because I’ve been working on music for 27 years now and the longest I’ve ever been out of the studio in 27 years has been two weeks,” Dr. Dre explained. “So yea I feel like I’m gonna take a little bit of a break. I’m never gonna stop music, it’s like air to me. So I’mma take a little bit of a break. Enjoy some time with the family til I get that itch to get back in.”

Aside from working on music Dr. Dre has contributed heavily to the Beats By Dre line of headphones and says they won’t stop until they’ve become second only to Apple.“I’m shocked myself as to how well they’re doing. We’re gonna keep new and exciting product coming. We’re trying to eventually be second to Apple. And I don’t think that’s a bad position,” said Dr. Dre. “We’re really trying to take over everything with a speaker. And also microphones. We’re gonna get involved in that also.”

Fuck Dre. I decided to pirate this album about 4 years ago anyway, will get straight DLed when it does eventually drop.

There's hotter producers about now, he's on some attention seeking faggotry. I think he realize that if he doesn't release it, people will keep asking him about it. I am not BORED of people talking about it.

Who the fuck does he think he is? Musical Jesus?

was anybody really expecting it to come out in the first place?

besides if i was making as much as he's making from them headphones i wouldnt give a fuk about releasing an album either

smh

making money from great music >>>> making money from some electronic branding

hes a musician.

wcwc.jpg

+

Detox will drop the date that Pacquiao fights Mayweather

He's shook.

C/S

Nothing to do with the money he is making

He knows it is his last album, the longer he leaves it the more people will expect, the more he will have to deliver.

Jack Baeuer needs to break into his yard and steal his laptop.

How can you supposedly make over 700 tunes for an album and not like 11/12

Guy started in NWA and is going to finish MIA

he secretly knows he wont be able to follow up an album as epic as chronic 2001, so its best he retires or watever, save himself the embarrassment

same for lauryn hill wid the miseducation album. it aint gonna happen

Said from day Detox, DI3, Cant Feel My Face. They all coming out same day.

On a sadder note and cos Jack Bauer was mentioned, that day will probbaly be the same release day as 24 the movie, and Entourage the movie... :angry: Soprano's too.

i watched da vid of this interview earlier, the way i been havin hope for detox to drop for actual couple years now, not even dissappointed tbh, he cudnt deliver the way hes made a build up. quit on top if u ask me... hows he really gonna top 2001? straight greeeeeze

defo shook will never happen

besides hip hop has evolved so his sound/ topics are somewhat irrelevant

that tune with eminem i need a doctor also didnt do him any favours- he was expecting no1 im sure think it was a top ten hit

if a tune with eminem and a white female couldn't generate a high buzz then what can

look how shit his singles were, if its that, its best he doesnt even put out a detox and keep his legacy intact

Fuckin c*nt tho I been waiting since secondary school smh & remember having convos about how sick detox would be kmt.

pac said dre had no work rate he would take ages on a beat. its a fact shown by the detox

guy is any half hearted producer

New album dropping 7th august 'compton'