Upper chest??

PsychoEazy-E

• 2 months later...

I was reading on body builders forum where one guy broke it down n kinda suggested that cos the pectoral is all one muslce you cant isolate the upper part using incline and its mainly down to genetics and neighbouring muscle

its true its all 1 muscle but you have to hit it from different angles to get the correct stimulation for growth everywhere. its the same principle as only doing squats for legs. sure your legs would get bigger, stronger and develop. but when you add in other things like hamstring curls, leg presses, good mornings etc. you start hitting the muscles in a slightly different way and get more overall development.

When i started doing incline dumbell bench and incline smith bench and started to move decent weights on them and feel it. my chest exploded

This is me aged about 17/18

http://tinypic.com/r/ngpyyw/5

This is me now

http://tinypic.com/r/34dkkf5/5

Looking at 1st pic you wouldnt say i had any genetics for an upper chest at all.

What I've found has worked for me is mind muscle connection. When you do a rep don't just go through the motion but focus on working that specific body part throughout the movement. For instance with incline flyes keep the repetition controlled throughout especially on the negative and then when contracting the muscle upwards focus on squeezing the upper/inner part of the chest. When I focus on the specific muscle instead of just throwing the weights around I get a much bigger pump.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

of course you can isolate the upper muscle of your chest. you can isolate any muscle or group of muscles.

my chest has been ok since i been regular working out but it got alot better, and certainly in the upper pecs

since i started doing the Charles Glass tweaks for flys, it worked so well that i had to focus on other parts that started lagging.

Genetics is shemetics. all Genetics means in bodybuilding is that you may not have to work AS hard in some areas, not that you're the only one who can

look that way. people use it in arrogance or to make it look like they dont work very hard, when they really do.

even that 1st pic id probably been training about 6/7 months. but tbh hardly anybody has genetics so bad they cant get a decent build. its an excuse. train hard, use proper form and eat well. Most people will be able to look quite good in 2-3 years

• Upvote 1

My diet ain't really nothing to aspire to tbh

Morning 6 Weetabix and milk

Snacks at work fruit, water, sometimes random bits I cake etc.

Lunch will have either rice, chicken and veg or sandwiches with meat in

Dinner at home will be rice and chicken, pasta chicken or rice and need etc.

Then gym

Shake and bed. occasionally I'll throw in some scrambled egg.

I don't eat enough at all. But then again I spend most days sat behind a desk. Back in the day when I desperately needed to put on weight id blend oats, milk and a couple scoops of whey in the morning and maybe add eggs or olive oil. Could easily clear 1000 Cals in the morning that way.

lol@ u  always using that genetics sh*t

go to PMG gym in maryland, you will find your curry eating, akbars there who are wedge

slavery and the inbuilt instinct to shift patel's jaw extremely easily is not the reason why 'black guys are wedge'

lol@ you going to be a GP and think you will get time for gym anyway.

• Downvote 3

My diet ain't really nothing to aspire to tbh

Morning 6 Weetabix and milk

Snacks at work fruit, water, sometimes random bits I cake etc.

Lunch will have either rice, chicken and veg or sandwiches with meat in

Dinner at home will be rice and chicken, pasta chicken or rice and need etc.

Then gym

Shake and bed. occasionally I'll throw in some scrambled egg.

I don't eat enough at all. But then again I spend most days sat behind a desk. Back in the day when I desperately needed to put on weight id blend oats, milk and a couple scoops of whey in the morning and maybe add eggs or olive oil. Could easily clear 1000 Cals in the morning that way.

props

• 1 month later...