★★★ David Haye - Vitali Klitschko ★★★

Fighting Weight

Should be happening in March, in Dusseldorf Germany, Wembley is being discussed as another venue, been numerous articles from Bild, Telegraph, and SNN. Booth has been talking to Sky Sports but has been coy on the situation.

Looking forward to this, I was impressed with Haye in the Wlad fight, I thought he'd get absolutely embarrassed (and while most thought that's what happened) his lateral movement and slipping of punches really impressed me, though he still had his problems with being off-balance while throwing, which Steward and Wlad capitalised on brilliantly in their gameplan.

Hayes speed is something that while partially negated by Wlad, he gave Wlad lots of problems trying to lay leather on him, this can be a huge advantage against the slower, more awkward Vitali, however against Haye Wlad adopted a Vitali-like stalker mentality, constantly keeping Haye on the backfoot and off-balance thus unable to throw without risking being hit - something Vitali is superbly adept at doing.

Haye is an underrated fighter and talked his way into embarrasment but I can see this being another chess match. Vitali is a very underrated counter-puncher & Haye will have to be wary of getting caught coming in with that wierd, hook-come-jab that Vitali throws, seems it'll be a lot harder to slip than Wlads straight jab, I can also see Haye having real problems trying to land his right if he isn't going to throw straight punches, he hit Wlad with some good Hayemakers but given the brother(s) height and their leaning back from punches by the time they landed much of the force was robbed from them.

haye-hits-wlad-o.gif

Looking forward to it. Will post conformation when it happens.

Former heavyweight world champion David Haye is in talks to fight WBC title holder Vitali Klitschko in March 2012.

Haye, 31, who retired in October after losing to the Ukrainian's brother Wladimir, says he will lower his pay demands to make sure the fight happens.

"I haven't seen a contract but there's definitely talks going on," he told the BBC's Hardtalk programme.

"I said before I retired I would love that fight and there's a date in March that's already been talked about."

More to follow

The full interview will be broadcast on Hardtalk on Monday, 5 December on BBC World at 0430 GMT, 0930 GMT, 1530 GMT & 2130GMT and on the BBC News Channel at 0430 on 5December and 0030 on 6 December.

Vitali Klitschko's management team have made David Haye an offer to fight the WBC world heavyweight champion next year.

The Briton anounced his retirement last month after losing his WBA title to Vitali's younger brother Vladimir in July.

But on Monday Hayespacer.gif confirmed his team are in talks about a fight with Vitali Klitschkospacer.gif in March.

"Team Klitschko is in negotiations with Haye and has made him an offer," a management official for the Ukrainian brothers told Reuters on Tuesday. "Now the ball is in Haye's court."

Haye quit boxing on his 31st birthday in October after losing to Vladimir in Hamburg. The Briton blamed his defeat on a broken toe and initially demanded a rematch.

Vitali retained his WBC title in September with a technical knockout of Pole Tomasz Adamek in the 10th round.

Vladimir, who holds the WBO, IBF, IBO and WBA belts, will look to clinch his 50th knockout from 60 professional bouts when he takes on former world cruiserweight champion Jean-Marc Mormeckon in Duesseldorf on December 10

-----------------------

SSN.