Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kurtis

Gym Time

18 posts in this topic

when do you hit the gym or when do you think is the best time to hit gym?

morning, afternoon, evening, night?

is hitting in in the morning a bad idea? coz I know some people jog before work

go morning

less idiots

more freedom to 'express yourself' in there

i mean like in terms of best results, cos im thinking eve/night cos u can have the last meal/shake then the body gets to rest, morning u may have work after so you could be weak

or is that not even an issue?

cos the morning is appealing to me still

Morning>>

Hard to get into it, but I've been going 4 days a week at 8/9am for a month now. It's emptier, you feel alot more productive during the day and I don't go to sleep much early now (like 12, 12.30).

Evenings. Ye it's busy. Just got to be ready to share and switch up your excerises.

evenings for me. Helps me sleep better at night and i feel stronger then as well. 5-7 are the worst times to go in terms of getting equipment but from 8 to close is optimal.

Im quite lucky cos i go to a gym where most of the people arent really about it. There must be about 10 guys in the gym that touch any dumbells over 35kg. so they are usually free, and everyone is obsessed with flat bench and curls. so as long as its not chest day i have free reign

I usually go gym between 7 and 8am. Morning is live. Hardly anyone around havering near you trying to get your bench. Haven't got to wait for some plum holding on to the dumbells or barbells I need whilst having a convo with another d*ckhead. As soon as it hits like 5 up until about 1am it is over ram and I never feel I can get a proper workout. Going tomorrow for 7am as it's legs and shoulders day tomorrow and it is always a long sesh for me.

I always feel super awake and charged up after a good morning session at the gym.

Morning, make sure you have a good breakfast though. First week it may be a bit tough but you end up getting used to it.

Mornings and afternoons ftw

yea morning was live-o still

now I just need to make a plan of what muscles to work on on what day

Morning, make sure you have a good breakfast though. First week it may be a bit tough but you end up getting used to it.

Mornings and afternoons ftw

cannot emphasise this enough. I paid the price for ignoring this last week. PAID THE PRICE

Depends.

I like early morning at weekends as it starts my day nicely.

I like weeknights mainly as it de-stresses me from the job and gets my mind right.

usually evenings till it closes, thats when its most quiet, can move about as i feel

realistically there are no better benefits to the time you train.

the difference will only be seen depending on your activity during the day

if your work is very physical, i.e. walking, running, carrying stuff then you could be less effective in the evening than the morning

so the morning would be better for you

but there isnt any real evidence for training times of the day. apart from a widely accepted notion that your body is 'fully awake' by 10-11am (again this depends on how much sleep you had)

find what suits you if you have the flexibility of trying differnt times.

i work from home mostly so i go in the morning, but i also train in the afternoon, evening, and even late at night at a 24/hr gym occasionally

^^^^ What he said.

I used to think I HAD to spend a certain time in the gym, but more time if everything is free and I know what routines I'm doing, can bang it out in 45 minutes.