Hold on to your jobs ya kna .... It's Peak Out there!!

MARVELL

so there was a vacancy for a Project worker type role at my work. This role has been a good entry level post to get into working with young people without the need for full Youth work qualifications in the past...

i told my friend about it (yeh cdnt post it in the vacancy thread cos i didnt want him having competition...but was i wrong!!) so he applied.

Job is paying just over £22k.

there were 67 applicants....................EVERY one had degrees.

3 were from oxford. 16 from top ten Uni's

4 had Masters

3 were former social workers (social workers pay starts on £28k)

I was on the panel, he didnt get the job as i cdnt save him cos there were so many people who had so much experience

he wasnt even 2nd choice.

My story for the day.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

the person who got the job was a former social worker. she has done an extensive amount of work

she was clearly the most experienced and it showed with how she came across

the next person was also a very experienced youth worker, with lots of experience

basically, she can turn out to be shit but she had done her homework...she stood out cos of how well she knew the company and what they do

and spoke about how she will fit in and what she will bring. quoting current legislation, everything but not waffling either.

perfect STAR technique in answering questions.

she comes across as them hard core career type ladies (black), with no man.

watch me complain about her feisty self in a few weeks.
  • Upvote 1

You think thats bad, in my place there was a job going for a basic sales role, basic salary was 20K. We had over 450 applications for one job anndddddd this job was not advertised on bate job sites like monster etc. Fuck knows how they found out about it.

The way i see it is you just got to forget about sitting at the computer and banging out CV like missles. You have to approach and attack every single employer your'e interested in and make them create a position for you. You have to have passion for what you do tho, but remember competition is at the bottom of the ladder. When your certified recession or no recession you can hop skip to any job you want in your chosen industry

• Upvote 1

Job game needs to be taken seriously in this climate glad I got a full time job when I did agency work was a Par especially when I needed days off or holiday

Because that stuff is not covered.

Worked for hackney council for a few months contracted ended, then started work for the NHS is risk management which was

Good as I was taught how do use the program Datix which was good as it lead to me being offered other work in other hospitals. Was promised a job but then the

Hospital started making cuts so they gave my job to this next women who they were moving from a next department and boyage was I had to train her up.

I was kinda vex about it so walked out of the contract and so the agency sacked me. KMT only had few days left to do on that contract but the agency never offered me any work again and got my P45 in the post.

Moved on over to connexions learnt how to use core + which was good as it lead me to be offered work at another branch, where I done various other courses building

Up my skills. Connexions ran out of money and I lost my job probably the best job I had hardly worked and was on here all day.

two weeks after got interviewed for a temp role at my current Job, flew past the interview, Temped for a year got offered the job, but like Potato said job was advertised but it was already mine. Interview was jokes manager basically answered my questions for me in the interview when I got stuck. I am now seeing bare people losing their jobs so ramping time is over.

If you are serious about work you must try your upmost. One guy at my job is a domestic told me can I help him look for work as he does not want to do that rest of his days

I said sure, jobs were coming up I was showing my guy but the jobs were going down after a few hours as so many people applied. Told man he needs to search the Nhs website and intranet because the

Jobs are going down by the time I see him in the afternoon. Man started talking wet to me about I aint helping him, I left it now man not talking to me. Man wants me to take him to the lake and feed him to

I showed man the cue so bwoy its up to him now.

the person who got the job was a former social worker. she has done an extensive amount of work

the next person was also a very experienced youth worker, with lots of experience

basically, she can turn out to be shit but she had done her homework...she stood out cos of how well she knew the company and what they do

and spoke about how she will fit in and what she will bring. quoting current legislation, everything but not waffling either.

lol good post, pos

Sounds like my auntie lol

Then you remember again the job is for 22k, fack it's desperate out there.

^^^ Bruv,... its toronto this time next yr or by end of the year. fuck this country, im not british...im blackanese. that woman on the tram dont want me types....

as good as this woman was tho....if i had overall say, i wdnt take her for the role, i would have picked my bredrin....or in being really fair i wdve picked the next best candidate who was a white lady, late 20's and nice...she has very good experience and comes across as fun to work with. they just went 100% by the book and experience forgetting that this aint a social worker's job but someone to work with and connect with young people.

It's not what you know & all that jazz...

Working for an O2 store in the City, meet all these finance guys who surprisingly have a lot of contacts in industries outside of the financial sector.

Have a meeting with a gentleman next week about possibly coaching in South Korea. Met a guy who's invited me out to Paraguay & another one who knows someone who runs a sport centre in Scotland somewhere.

All about connecting with people IMO.

It's not what you know & all that jazz...

Working for an O2 store in the City, meet all these finance guys who surprisingly have a lot of contacts in industries outside of the financial sector.

Have a meeting with a gentleman next week about possibly coaching in South Korea. Met a guy who's invited me out to Paraguay & another one who knows someone who runs a sport centre in Scotland somewhere.

All about connecting with people IMO.

pineapple and coconut juice all over my table