Hold on to your jobs ya kna .... It's Peak Out there!!

MARVELL

Well yeah, c'mon, it's common sense. LOL.

My sentiment was that, a lot of people place too great an emphasis on their degrees whilst simaltenously ignoring all the other life skills needed to succeed.

By no means am I trying to devalue academia, I'm a university student myself. But I meet people who work in the very positions I see postgraduates & undergraduates trying to reach & they all always say, that alot of the entry-level workers, don't know SHIT about life. Which is of course a gross overstatement, but I think in this microwave society of ourselves, people need more 'life experience'. And one thing I realised at a young age was, personal relationships >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Upvote 1

big up everyone making moves

my boys mum got made redundant from an nhs job, now she can't reapply to any nhs jobs for a year i think so my boy and his bro have to cough up more per month for the mortgage, older bro got sacked, been working non stop since he was about 18 and now he has been unemployed since july, pissed

Canada ftw

Thinking about doing this in the future say 2 maybe 3 years. My boy went out there doing real estate management, said it was sick, nice pay and the place is booming. He's back in the UK waiting for his visa application to go through and then gone.

yeh man, i went uni to study music, just while the recession was on, i thought, 3 years later shit will be picking back up, well look, it's worse than it ever was, a few years out there whilst renting out the house might just what i need.

ive seen recruiting managers say similar. this aint the time to be going oxford to study history of leaves, and latin unless your dad gets invited to dine with charles and pillip dem at the palace. them made in chelsea types can study shit like that. not every oxford student is from a well to do family... one of them studied english. what u gonna do with that in a recession, apart from speak it or teach it.

• Upvote 1

Why would you apply for a job like that coming out of Oxford?

i know more then a few who did philosophy /language/ history who are doin FUCK all now

some are sittin at home.. one guy works for bbc cornwall as a rooving reporter doin stories on fuckin peeople stealin leeks from farms and other trivial shit... jus to get some work

where as there are guys from manchester uni who did shit degrees and who arnt very good and who had the right links and are now workin for bbc london news as proper journalists. i saw this kid do a piece on anthony garcia some religious nut and then handed back to ris lateef..

and in that moment it dawned on me .... its not about what you do its about who you know...sooo so much.

:lol:

BTW anyone with a 2:1 or 1st and unsure what they want to do or wanting to just fall into a random career, our education policies mean inspiring and motivational people like yourself (as proved by your degree) are qualified to teach our children and can walk into a job starting at 15k if you have a 2:1 or something like 20k if you have a 1st.

might as well

Why would you apply for a job like that coming out of Oxford?

i know more then a few who did philosophy /language/ history who are doin FUCK all now

some are sittin at home.. one guy works for bbc cornwall as a rooving reporter doin stories on fuckin peeople stealin leeks from farms and other trivial shit... jus to get some work

where as there are guys from manchester uni who did shit degrees and who arnt very good and who had the right links and are now workin for bbc london news as proper journalists. i saw this kid do a piece on anthony garcia some religious nut and then handed back to ris lateef..

and in that moment it dawned on me .... its not about what you do its about who you know...sooo so much.

Boy if you go Oxbridge and don't establish no links you really don't have an excuse.

Can't wait to complete this AAT qualification. Defo going to look for some jobs in other countries. Got family in Canada and since I seem to hear nothing but good things about it will definitely look there for something.

The way I look a jobs now is all I need to get is one single opportunity and I feel like I will blow people out of the water with my work ethic. Getting the opportunity is the hard part. At work have come across a number of people who are like I should give them my number or email and they will contact me to help me out and they don't. Sad to say as well they were all black SMH Not upset by it but I would just rather them not chat shit.