PS4 & Next gen Xbox

Fresh

I thought they had some "10 yr plan" for the PS3.

/

Read this time ago...

Sony America’s senior vice president of marketing Peter Dille has asserted that the firm is ‘serious’ about its commitment to a 10-year lifecycle for PlayStation 3, after conceding some industry folk may pass it off as 'spin.’

“I hope that people know by now that we are serious when we talk about 10-year product lifecycles. I don't know; maybe sometimes guys in your business think that it's spin. If it were spin, you wouldn't have PS1 and PS2 doing it; we're the only company that's ever done it,” Dille told Gamasutra.

The executive went on to state that Sony is confident PS3 will remain viable over the next decade, though cast doubt as to whether it’s competitor’s would follow suite.

"So when we say we take a long-term view, we firmly believe that the PS3 will not only be around in 10 years but it'll be driving the business - driving this industry. I don't know if our competitors' platforms will still be viable in 10 years; I do know that the PlayStation 3 will be."

"... we're off to a strong start, I think; you can look at our PS3 sales versus the 360 after two years, and I think in that measure we're ahead of them," he added.

While admitting the platform holder has become accustomed to being market leader, Dille said that the firm has set its sights on ‘bigger victories’ in the years to come:

"... we look at our performance last year with PS3 sales up 40 percent, and we're happy with that - and yet we're accustomed to being the leader in the business, so we're not happy enough," said Dille.

"We have our sights set on bigger victories ahead and believe that we've got the plan to make that happen

Im done, Im not buying any more consoles, its retarded. The infrastructure is being put in place to put all that shit online but people wanna spend another £2/300 on new hardware.

GTFO

if i was 30+ i dunno if u wud be saying the same thing

plus at that age i hoping any console wud be chump change

• 2 weeks later...

Im done, Im not buying any more consoles, its retarded. The infrastructure is being put in place to put all that shit online but people wanna spend another £2/300 on new hardware.

GTFO

Not even an age or money thing though. I could go and buy 5 xboxs right now and not loose sleep over it but thats beside the point. Its reckless spending. My point was, why buy another console when you could play all the games online for a very competitive monthly subscription?

What does PS3 offer that OnLive doesnt (Gaming wise) right now?

GTFO

Not even an age or money thing though. I could go and buy 5 xboxs right now and not loose sleep over it but thats beside the point. Its reckless spending. My point was, why buy another console when you could play all the games online for a very competitive monthly subscription?

I assume you can play it offline?

GTFO

I assume you can play it offline?

I assume your talking about people that dont have an internet connection... Clearly no one cares about them lol

You have to have an internet connection to use OnLive