Depression

The Somalian

Was being mentioned in the Gary Speed topic but I think , not sure if this belongs in love and life as it will get a better more meaningful response,

I have suffered from this for numerous years, I think David knows about this also even few other members. Its not all just a black and white picture

Many grey patches. There are times I can be the most pro active person in the world for months. Other times I lock myself from the world, my family

Don’t go work don’t even call in sick just stay in, got to a point where my mum had to explain to my employers what is my problem.

Many people actually understand. For me to deal with feeling this way I would go out drinking and sniffing work the reason I don’t call myself an addict is

Because I can instantly give up this stuff once I feel better. If you notice I try and be very positive in my post towards certain people trying to keep a good outlook

On life. Anyone else deal with this kind of thing in life how do you cope?

• Upvote 4

Guest phonecharger

Just remember you only live once and that there a millions of people who would kill to have your position in life no matter how shit it may seem at the time.

I think alot of you depressed folk need to take some time out and visit a third world country and really see wa gwan.

and dont think i havent been in your position before, cos i have (not to the extent of turning to sniff though or any hard drags)

• Downvote 4

but ive asked u to come for counselling

depression is real. my ex's brother murked himself last NY's..on the 2nd.

we had her birthday on the 18th Dec and ting..and them met again on 22nd.

not even a sign of problems.. then boom he's gone.

Training tells me that family members usually get signs, but dont pick up on them enough

and in fairness no one will expect their siblings or parents to end their life cos they see them having a problem which to them is not even that big/

u just never know how deep it goes.

Ive been through some fucked shit

but its nothing to do with when Im depressed, when i go through the phases it just changes

no one can understand why, even when everything is good id be seriously depressed, but i have a poker face so only my sis and sometimes my CPN can notice sly changes

sometimes idont even know myself until i come out of it

its fucked, gets so fuckin frustrating after a while

• Upvote 1

but ive asked u to come for counselling

Use to go coucelling for 4 years age from 13 til 17 don't think ot helped my mum always told me to return as recent as September.

@phonecharger I agree if u have my government name Facebook u will see my brothers and friends left messages for me to pick myself up when I have got to real lows when they can't contact me and I have gone on my missing routine. Tbh last time I had a breakdown was first week of september on the Saturday night before that my cousin had been with me for the week from brum then for no reason I lost it. Ask my cousin he would of said I was normal last he saw me then switch for no reason, hence me saying I reckon Gary speed was suffering from depression

Guest phonecharger

home2.jpg

The picture speaks for it self

The thing is phonecharger, i see what your getting at but there most probably more happier then us. Look at there smiles.

hut_kitchen.jpg

thats a typical village kitchen

when u get home go and look at urs and compare

why wouldnt you be smiling too?

I am sorry but thinking that others are worse off is fucking useless if you have real depression. How is that supposed to make your pain go away?

It will work for your average 'mid week blues' but for clinical depression it makes me feel worse because I remember that this world is fucking shit!

If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain how is thinking of starving children going to correct that imbalance? Or take away your physical pain?

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

I know where you are coming from my brother use to show me vids of people with no legs and arms and show how they cope

in life but like I say everyone is different of course there are millions who would kill to be in my position. Some people just can

not cope, like soilders in world war 1 in the trenches who were shot dead for being cowards

when in fact they were dealing with post traumatic stress. Not everyone is the same some can deal with certain things others

can not deal with things at all.

POS BEAVIS

Guest phonecharger

I am sorry but thinking that others are worse off is fucking useless if you have real depression. How is that supposed to make your pain go away?

It will work for your average 'mid week blues' but for clinical depression it makes me feel worse because I remember that this world is fucking shit!

If you have a chemical imbalance in your brain how is thinking of starving children going to correct that imbalance? Or take away your physical pain?

but i swear you smoke tons of weed

your mindstate is fucked anyway

gtfo

• Downvote 2

home2.jpg

The picture speaks for it self

The thing is phonecharger, i see what your getting at but there most probably more happier then us. Look at there smiles.

hut_kitchen.jpg

thats a typical village kitchen

when u get home go and look at urs and compare

why wouldnt you be smiling too?

True i would, but do they know any different? As far as they are concerned that’s their kitchen, and there most probably ok with that because they haven’t been exposed to what’s on the other side ie the western world. Its frightening for us to look at that but to them it’s their home.

But yeah, we should all be grateful for what we have, that principle of life has vanished from our society,

Being happy in life is whats important

• Upvote 2

it is supposed to have an effect somehow.

suicide is a mix of the most desperate, selfish and tragic emotion.

did you hear the old saying of the man who was about to hang himself on a tree

and got asked by a guy half naked if he could take his shoes and clothes?

sometimes pple are lost in their own problems that they think their is the worst...and yes its the worst for THEM

but knowing that others have gone thru it and pulled through or experienced even worse and can still find happiness is a powerful tool

C.S Potato

Life has been forgotten being happy most important thing. People kill themselves, get sent to jail, worse attributes come out essentially because of money

A man made man thing what is built to make life harder. Money is a made up thing yet everything in the world is ran from it from Ashman having to pay MONEY

To pay for his car which is only allowed on road after it is insured, ha petrol, road tax and MOT which all cost money. The layers of this world are fucked.

Should be spent being happy but no it is made up of trying to earn funds and more funds to keep going in life to earn more money.

• Upvote 4

earning money is never a bad thing

those people in 3rd world countries have stronger communities than here in my opinion, this should not be under estimated.

Also many of them are striving towards something specific, they might be saving to send one of there kids to be educated here or the US, things built over generations, they might not see the fruits in there own lifetime.

Guest phonecharger

Premier League - Paper Round: Five players seek help over Speed death

Tue, 29 Nov 09:17:00 2011

The footballing world is still reeling from the death of Gary Speed, with his apparent suicide having a huge effect on those involved in the game.

Related links

The Daily Express reports that five players have contacted Tony Adams's Sporting Chance clinic - which helps sports stars deal with problems with alcohol, drug abuse and depression - in the wake of Speed's death, seeking help.

Chief executive Peter Kay said: “I’ve received emails and phone calls from five players since Gary Speed’s passing, all of whom have said, 'I have got to do something about this. I need help'.

“It is fair to say Gary’s death has prompted them to ask for help.

“Actually admitting you need help is one of the hardest and bravest decisions to make and at the clinic we will do all we can to try and get their lives back together.”

Meanwhie, Speed's agent Hayden Evans, who was also best man at Speed's wedding, said that the death is a "mystery" to Speed's family and friends who saw no sign of any depression.

Evans said there was absolutely no problem between Speed and his wife Louise leading up to his shock death on Sunday.

"She doesn't understand it. They were happily married. It's a mystery," he told The Sun.

"They were happily married and anyone who knows them will tell you that. This is why it's a mystery.

"We genuinely at the moment have no clue whatsoever what has caused it and I have been with the family all day.

"Everybody is asking the same question and no one has an answer. We are all in shock."

When asked if Speed ever suffered from bouts of depression, Evans said: "None whatsoever.

"The one thing the family and me as one of his closest friends would totally refute is that. There was no indication of any problems and never has been."

Cheshire Police have confirmed that an inquest into Speed's untimely death will be opened today.

peak

dont think some of you understand

theres 7 billion types of depression, people handle things differently, be it a break up, death of a loved one, bullying or just a mental illness

if you've never been through it, real depression, then obv you'd think winning £20 that one day after you stepped in dog shit helped you so why wouldnt it help others.

I dont even get into these discussions cos theres no point, but you cant tell me at 7 earning money or whatever would have helped

• Upvote 3

mum had bipolar, i say had because she has not shown the signs and behaviour she had when i was growing up til about 17, so for 5 nearly 6 years she has been on point and excelled so far in her life and career she is nothing but inspiration for me, she doesn't take any medication and hasn't for years, she did go to counselling a few years ago and also listened to and attended tony robbins seminars some of you may know of him, more great inspiration

but anyway I was a depressed child due to my upbringing and have battled through it without drugs using prayer, will power and talking

I still feel depressed sometimes but it is hard when I realise how worse my mum was and how normal she is now, not even normal she is better than normal and works harder than the average person which is why she has excelled so quickly and passed people by who had years ahead of her

I think bi-polar and all those different types of depression can be cured naturally without addictive prescription meds but you need willpower and a reason to fight the depression

I also know suicides, my uncle hung himself a couple years ago, he was living in NYC in the pharmaceutical industry earning big bucks, had everything, turns out he did something bad (not going into it) and couldn't live with the guilt, but again it shows happiness is the most important thing in life not money.

Good luck to anyone experiencing this, you can get over it, even the bad cases of it and I have seen and lived it, depression was my life for a good 8 years while growing up, power through

• Upvote 4