Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SHOCK

Xbox or Ps3

27 posts in this topic

I know nothing about consoles. I need some advice on whats the best one, had a look online and all magazines and sites all have conflicting information making me even more confused ^) Need to cop one from my son for christmas but also want to use it as a DVD player aswell. I dont play these things myself.

Whats best for car games & kids/fun games? He won't be playing Call of duty and them type of games for now.

All opinions welcome

Doesn't really matter, all the kiddy games will be cross platform (every console will have them)

PS3 doubles up as a Blu ray player if your interested in that

Xbox will be getting a big software update in a week or two which will have 4 on demand and various other TV catch up services. (Xbox live is 40 quid a year)

brand new ps3 selling for £155 on..............................

ps3 is better all round IMO, much better build quality and it is a blu ray player as well.

for kids games I'd suggest the Wii (Mario as a kid, memories. . . ), and to watch DVD's use your laptop and a HDMI cable connecting to your largest TV/screen

otherwise

Doesn't really matter, all the kiddy games will be cross platform (every console will have them)

Go with PS3. Blu ray player and it's all free so don't have to worry about extra costs.

PS3 is more versatile and a little less hastle for what you need

People still ask this lol

Go for what most of your friends\forum buddies have, due to MP games would be my advice.

People still ask this lol

Go for what most of your friends\forum buddies have, due to MP games would be my advice.

sp1.jpg?w=604

"WHY WONT IT READ?"

LOL

/

As far as kiddy games go, you can go for either, for those sort of titles, they are available on both platforms.

As you want to double up as an entertainment system for yourself at times go PS3.

Get an Xbox. The Kinect alone will have your son occupied for hours, its far superior than the Wii. As for entertainment, it currently has Sky & Zune, but the big update on the 6th will have 4od, Youtube, Iplayer and few more to make it that much better than the PS3.

An Xbox 12 month gold membership is around £23, which to me is a good investment unlike the PlayStation's security flawed online services.

Another thing, all the cross-platform games are originally made for the Xbox then converted to the other platforms.

Assuming the kid is not playing online yet why would you spend £23 a year on 4od, iplayer etc when its already on the ps3 and its free?

WHERE can I get 12 months for £23?

/

Lets not get into a console war, think of the children.

It's in the dashboard

I think it only shows if your on a trial or silver membership

/

Ps3 has 4od, YouTube, I player etc etc already?

/

Oh and c/s getting Kinect for the young don, Fruit Ninja snm

An Xbox 12 month gold membership is around £23, which to me is a good investment unlike the PlayStation's security flawed online services.

Another thing, all the cross-platform games are originally made for the Xbox then converted to the other platforms.

do you think man cares about any of these things

read the post

how old is you son

i would say wii tbh

kinect seems fun though, dunno how much ur willing to pay

Long story short I acquired a brand new PS3 for dirt cheap, 160GB. I didn't switch on my X-Box 360 at all in 2012, but I'm gonna start playing again.

Which console do I keep? Os shall I roll with both?