Anelka And Alex Transfer Requests Accepted

Young £

Nicolas Anelka and Alex submit Chelsea transfer requests

Page last updated at 16:17 GMT, Saturday, 3 December 2011

_57105997_chekseagetty.jpgAlex (left) and Anelka were not in the Chelsea squad for the win at Newcastle

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas says he has accepted transfer requests from striker Nicolas Anelka and defender Alex.

Speaking after the Blues' 3-0 over Newcastle, Villas-Boas said the players would be allowed to leave in January.

"The conversation was fair and direct with the players," Villas-Boas said.

"The transfer requests were accepted but it doesn't mean it will happen and if it doesn't happen they will return to full training."

ANELKA'S CLUBS

• Paris Saint-Germain
  • Arsenal
  • Real Madrid
  • Liverpool
  • Manchester City
  • Fenerbahce
  • Bolton Wanderers
  • Chelsea

Villas-Boas said the pair, who were not in the squad for Saturday's win, were no longer training with the first-team squad.

Anelka, 32, joined from Bolton in January 2008 for £15m. He has scored 59 goals in 185 appearances for Chelsea.

Alex, 29, was signed by Chelsea in 2004 from Brazilian club Santos. He was loaned to Dutch side PSV until 2007 when he finally secured a work permit. The centre-back has made 135 appearances for Chelsea.

Writing on his Twitter page, Anelka said he knew where he would be playing in January, but did not reveal the identity of the club.

"The club, which is going through a difficult time, has decided to play with the players of Chelsea's future and, because I am a big professional, I accept this decision," he wrote.

Meanwhile, Villa-Boas said the 3-0 victory was a "massive result".

But he admitted the Blues were lucky to keep 11 men on the field after last man David Luiz brought down Demba Ba in the fourth minute, but received only a booking.

It's a sending off, it's as simple as that. It changed the game

Alan PardewNewcastle manager

"We have been treated unfairly for quite some time as well and maybe today the decision fell our way," Villas-Boas said.

The Chelsea boss praised his team: "They were amazing and show fantastic team and fighting spirits when everything is against them, when they are in the newspapers being questioned."

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew said he was baffled as to why Luiz was not sent off.

But he added: "It changed the game. The referee said to me at half-time that he [ba] didn't have control of the ball.

"I am not quite sure of the rule book, so I need to get that out and have a look at it."

:/

You saying Anelka can tourment a defence yeah?

When he's becoming more of a "playmaker" and "midfielder" you know his career is on the tailend and about to peter out into nothing.

He's 33 next year, no enthusiasm to break into the Chelsea team, he'll start losing conditioning and ability - not worth the risk.

Alex on the other hand hasn't played competitivly for about 6 months, he's struggling with his weight and mental issues

No one will go near him with a barge pole.

/

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese

I don't rate Anelka as a game changer

Technically he is a very good footballer but seems to be a one track bully

Alex is good a bit over rated

But both players would walk into most teams in mainland europe

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I don't think Anelka would be a smart signing for any club he's realistically gonna go to in this country. He's been on the decline for a while and you'd imagine he'd want a hefty wage packet and a 3 year deal. Which would take him until he's almost 36.

Alex would be a decent signing for a few clubs. I doubt either will stay in England.

The Bergkamp curse hit him abit, he is obsessed with being a no.10 and is reluctant these days to make runs in behind

Sheyi is the same at Spurs, Titi Henry was the same .. they all wanted to be playmakers after playing with Bergkamp n in Sheyi's case RVP

Still a class act, hasnt had a serious inj in his career, still has the pace, would be a great signing for any club in Europe, but it wudnt surprise me if he went to the US or China.. hes won alot n aint got shit to prove

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alex as King's partner and Anelka ahead of Lennon or even off Adebayor or as the number nine

:/

Guest M12 Part 2

tbh i agree with porchy to an extent

Alex and Anelka would improve the matchday squad of any team in the Premiership. It's arguable whether they'd start in some cases but they would defo be the 1st names on the bench if they didnt.