Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest PROFIT MARGINS

The truth about supermarkets on now BBC1

13 posts in this topic

Talking about how they try scam people thinking their getting deals by increasing the price a couple weeks before they drop it so u don't actually save, quite interesting supermarkets taking the piss tbh

doesn't apply to us hunter gatherer type hustlas

i super size the burner / JUST TO GET A LARGER MEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

landlords from hell on 4 is better

yh i was tlkin to one assistant at tescos bout this...corporate hustle tbh

She went and picked up a pack of onions an then got the same onions loose and the were nearly £2 cheaper wtf??

Showing how they put up 'special offer' but they actually have gone up but they know when people are in that shopping zone they will just grab shit...they showed an add for a chocolate bar for £1 and then it said special offer 2 for £2

Going on mad brazen

This only affects people that do not read to be honest, I aint hating on supermarkets and other people who use their cunning marketing strategies to profit off of peoples stupidity its the name of the game.

So u can remember what the price of something was 3 months ago 2 know if there really has been a price drop?

Plus over the 3 months they have raised it by 12p so when they show the cut price with 10p knocked off it looks like it's a deal

This only affects people that do not read to be honest, I aint hating on supermarkets and other people who use their cunning marketing strategies to profit off of peoples stupidity its the name of the game.

Nah i disagree, they are very cunning with their strategies making fools of us all

/

pro-tip: when u go supermarkets always swipe a roll of them clear plastic bags things they have for vegetables. they are fookin useful they are

I think sites like HotUKDeals and MSE should be publicly advertised for your average consumers. Thanks to the sites I've just ordered two Oral B Professional Care 1000 electric toothbrushes for £24.63, with a 10% discount, another 5% code and another 8% discount from Quidco making each brush £11. In comparison Tesco's sells it for £58 while boots do it for £30.

I wonder how much discount your average checkout staff gets.

You used 3 different discounts on one purchase? Never heard of that b4

pro-tip: when u go supermarkets always swipe a roll of them clear plastic bags things they have for vegetables. they are fookin useful they are

Standard got bare of these in my yard

Used to get the empty boxes aswell.

tesco staff get 10% discount. even mobiles, electronics everything. flatmate worked at tesco bought a laptop with 10% off, happy days for 0 effort

10% for staff is an insult tbh.