Arsenal Jan Transfer Window

gemma

£8 million isn't much of an insult for Cahill is it Gartside? Chelsea in for him at £7 million, Wenger won't go in for him now.

Explain what happens in 6 months that's makes it go from 'insulting' to 'acceptable'... 8-)

Pagans.

Contract runs out after this season, we are nearly half way through. Cahill has had a shit season so far, which makes me think that he is hype that the media has brainwashed into us.

RVP >>>>>>>>>>HENRY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>PARK>>>>CHAMAKH.

Let's not kid ourselves, how would his performances be any more tarnishing then some of Chamakhs recent performances... and remember it will only be until March.

Sol Campbell and Lehmann were both re-signed in Jan by Wenger.

We need some depth upfront, I can see it now... 1-0 down, 70mins gone at the San Siro...who do you bring on...

Chamakh...pass

Park...pass

SNM

I didn't say Henry isn't a better option, Henry would be tarnishing his legacy at Arsenal. I mean look at Schmeichel when he came back to the prem, THAT WAS NOT THE SAME GUY WHO PLAYED FOR UNITED.

Henry would be better than Cham and Park obviously, but I don't wanna see some bit part guy, who's half a yard off the pace of the league and isn't capable of producing the magic he was once a master of.

Would rather my memories of Henry stay like this

henryspurs.JPG

LOL What team is that? Spurs?

They are pissed beyond belief.

• Downvote 12

Cesc Fabregas says he would like to make an emotional return to Arsenal one day - as a player.

The 24-year-old midfielder left under a cloud last summer to sign for childhood club Barcelona and says he would be happy to retire at the Nou Camp.

But if he were to leave again, he said it would be back to the Emirates.

"Apart from Arsenal and Barcelona, I don't see myself playing anywhere else," he told Sky Sports News. "I will definitely be going back (to Arsenal) whenever I have time to watch games and to see the guys, and you never know in the future, why not?

"I hope I will stay here for a very long time, and maybe even retire him, but why not? In life, you can never say never, and if there is one place to go back to, it is Arsenal for sure."

Fabregas admitted he had lost his motivation in the final season at the Emirates Stadium as Arsenal struggled and he believed his captaincy was failing to inspire his team-mates.

"It looked like there was no real passion in the team to play," he said. "I've always tried my best to make the team go forward and I could see nothing I was saying was really working.

"I was going into training not feeling the same motivation as when I was 16 years old, and I felt a little bit stuck. I think everyone in life has a time when they need to start again."

But even so, Fabregas admitted it was a huge wrench to leave Arsenal.

"It was very hard, the hardest decision I have ever made, even if it was my dream to play for Barcelona," he said. "I'm not embarrassed to say the day I left all I could say (to Arsene Wenger) was thank you very much. I couldn't talk more. I'm not embarrassed to say I nearly cried. It was very emotional."

:/

Let's not kid ourselves, how would his performances be any more tarnishing then some of Chamakhs recent performances... and remember it will only be until March.

We need some depth upfront, I can see it now... 1-0 down, 70mins gone at the San Siro...who do you bring on...

Chamakh...pass

Park...pass

SNM

I didn't say Henry isn't a better option, Henry would be tarnishing his legacy at Arsenal. I mean look at Schmeichel when he came back to the prem, THAT WAS NOT THE SAME GUY WHO PLAYED FOR UNITED.

Henry would be better than Cham and Park obviously, but I don't wanna see some bit part guy, who's half a yard off the pace of the league and isn't capable of producing the magic he was once a master of.

henryspurs.JPG

When did you start supporting Arsenal bro?

Serious question.

Norman Jay in the top right hand corner tumblr_lvt9e1rCYS1qeudzpo8_250.gif

Generations to come will know Henry as a legend of Arsenal football club.

The guys got a statue ffs.

Two months isn't going to change SHIT.

/

After the Wolves performance, people still don't want him on a short term loan?

Wenger still being coy on the situation...

• Upvote 1

Chamakh...pass

Park...pass

SNM

henryspurs.JPG

fucking hell

I dont wanna see a slow Henry...

I dont wanna see this poor era of Premier League defenders, boss him.

If either happen, then it does harm his legacy, some felt his Emirates season harmed his legacy so imagine now... At least he won't have th 14 number, please dont give him 41, infact give him his #12 France shirt.

Its not just Henry, its Wenger too, it is a backwards step... You told us you didnt panic buy, and you bought a striker for this coming period and you dont even bring him to games, let alone play him. Like I said Park must be really shite in training to still be behind Chamakh and Arshavin.

I get the idea behind him coming back, but does his loan mean we can't loan a LB, as we would have 2 players (Yossi & Henry) on loan deals, can Henry be registered for Champions League? If so will he be? and will it be at the expense of a player actually staying with us till the end of the season? Will Red Bulls even let us have him? and at what cost?

Clearly Park must be shit, Bendtner doesnt want to return, Chamakh is going on African Nations and the players usually return poo and he's poo now so I dread to even think what he will be on his return plus bait he wants to leave come end of season anyway, Afobe go play in the Championship for the rest of the season, van Persie is so injury prone we have to over worry about him for a month and then there is his contract... Why aren't we finding a proper solution, than Henry till March...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I dont really care about his rep etc because we know the real Thierry so that doesnt bother me. Just feels like we taking the easy/cheap route again. Fair enough if Chamakh was a superb player but hes not, and as TF said it seems park isnt rated. We NEED another quality foward, I dont give a fuck if its harder/costs more in Jan, if proper business was done in the summer we wouldnt be in this mess.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

Thierry running in on goal or Chamakh running in on goal. I know what I prefer! will be a good signing. Hopefully we cop Podolski as well to give him 5 months adjusting before he kills it next season.

That should be enough firepower to see us claim 4th whilst shipping out Arshavin in June and having Oxlade step up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1