Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Iceberg

N Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies

72 posts in this topic

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has died at the age of 69, state-run television has announced.

Mr Kim, who has led the communist nation since the death of his father in 1994, died on a train while visiting an area outside the capital, the announcement said.

He suffered a stroke in 2008 and was absent from public view for months.

His designated successor is believed to be his third son, Kim Jong-un, who is thought to be in his late 20s.

The BBC's Lucy Williamson in Seoul says Mr Kim's death will cause huge shock waves across North Korea.

The announcement came in an emotional statement read out on national television.

The announcer, wearing black, said he had died of physical and mental over-work.

South Korea says its military has been put on alert following the announcement and its National Security Council is convening for an emergency meeting, Yonhap news agency reports.

N Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies

North Korean leader Kim Jong-il has died at the age of 69, state-run television has announced.

Mr Kim, who has led the communist nation since the death of his father in 1994, died on a train while visiting an area outside the capital, the announcement said.

He suffered a stroke in 2008 and was absent from public view for months.

His designated successor is believed to be his third son, Kim Jong-un, who is thought to be in his late 20s.

The BBC's Lucy Williamson in Seoul says Mr Kim's death will cause huge shock waves across North Korea.

The announcement came in an emotional statement read out on national television.

The announcer, wearing black, said he had died of physical and mental over-work.

South Korea says its military has been put on alert following the announcement and its National Security Council is convening for an emergency meeting, Yonhap news agency reports.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16239693

Was gonna make a topic on this. Should be interesting to see if N Korea's censorship control changes.

hmm what does this mean for north korea

I saw a documentary a few years ago about N Korea, and child are taught in school a fairytale story of how Kim Jong was born and that when he dies, he's just merely going above the clouds. I would like to see what the TV announcements are like in N Korea.

kim jong-il is considered like a god in n.korea.

like they fully worshiped him saying hes the chosen one. and the way that country is cut off from the rest of the world is MAD. every bit of information available to the public is 100% censored. anyone who speaks out is swiftly terminated. saw some bbc news report on it, was actually depressing imagining living in that country.

i doubt much will change since he made sure everything would still stay in place when he dies. e.g. his son stepping in way before his death.

R.I.P

His son taken over remember seeing him on the news few years back think he is my age

The Dons are dieing Gadaffi, Osama, Saddam, Now Kim

The Great Mugabe cant die out yet man will outlive Mandela

Castro will be next, then noriega will die in suspicious circumstances during his house arrest

noriega aint on house arrest hes in jail

all the mohicans are dyin out shit is a god damn shame

What they aint giving him house arrest bit of a par

Theyre supposed to put people on house arrest when they hit 70 but they just shipped him from france so they got him in jail now

Not sure wether theyre actually gonna put him on house arrest cos hes in his late 70s now or just be cunts tbh

Was gonna make a topic on this. Should be interesting to see if N Korea's censorship control changes.

Nothing will change one of his sons will take over and they've all been groomed in the mould of their father.

Nothing will change one of his sons will take over and they've all been groomed in the mould of their father.

Pretty much. The military and older generals will make sure nothing changes.

kim jong-il is considered like a god in n.korea.

like they fully worshiped him saying hes the chosen one. and the way that country is cut off from the rest of the world is MAD. every bit of information available to the public is 100% censored. anyone who speaks out is swiftly terminated. saw some bbc news report on it, was actually depressing imagining living in that country.

i doubt much will change since he made sure everything would still stay in place when he dies. e.g. his son stepping in way before his death.

i saw this thing where a doctor went out there to do cataracs operations or whatever replacing peoples lenses and there were just queues of people

when it came to taking off the bandages for the patients to see if they could see they immediately went and kneeled infront of a pic of Kim and started worshipping him saying thank you, i do this for you etc, not a word to the doctor

was fuckin wierd

cant even leave that fuckin place you cant choose where your born imagine living there, fuckin hell

Where has everyone's view formulated from that these people are "dons" or "mohicans" lol?

So, Mugabe is the Last of the Mohicans. I had Gaddafi down but its a shame.

We're moving further towards peace.

Hope the troops in Afghanistan are home soon

God >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

All this talk about the world ending, Korea nuking, Russia building WOMD, Terrorists running the west etc

The good have come on top, I never lost faith in God, he's always there to put things right.

LOL @ peace. Humans will always conflict.