pull ups

LiSenXi

I want to do pull ups as part of my routine, but I just can't work my own body weight with pull ups.

I can push more weight than my gym partner who only weighs around 60kg's but he obviously finds pull ups and chin ups easy.

I'm about 5'8 - 5'9 and 80kg's having been about 90 - 95kg's about 6 months ago.

I've lost a lot of weight and strength due to moving to China and changing diet.

What can I do to build up my strength to enable me to lift my own body weight especially for pull ups?

I don't feel like I have gained much muscle in the 4 months that I've been going to the gym and I don't feel much burn after gym like I used to when I went to the gym previously. I'm doing similar work-outs, though. Anyone know why this may be?

I never used to be able to do pull ups but I worked my back as normal and after about 2 weeks I could do only one. Then I just did them every back session and found out I could do more and more over time. I love doing them.

I did other back exercises with free weights and machines. Basically I did a back day like pull ups were never part of my routine but now they are because I can do them. I got my biceps and back to a point in strength where I could do pull ups.

i absolutely LOOOOVEEEEE pull ups, fink its one of my top3 if not fave excercise, cant bother doin it wiv my own body weight, bought a belt wiv chain, but yeah i reckon, do like one or 2 proper tekkers, den even if u onlyy add 1 every 2 weeks do dat til u hit 5, den fling on a dumbell. dats wot i did, not i do it wiv 30 kg 5 reps

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

I can do one, possibly two if it's the first thing I do in the gym, but once I've already been working my back or arms it's impossible for me.

I'll stay persistent, though.

I'm currently doing Kris Grethin (sp) 12 week workout! It's pretty decent.

What has been said above.

Just cos you see guys coming in warming up on pull ups doing like 20 reps don't mean you can't

I started on just about being able to do one using a bench as a step up, lol.

Get it into your routine and you'll soon be doing it as a part of your routine.

Body weight based exercises>>>>>>________

Guest TRAGEDY

did 10 on my first try and im about 14-15 stone

but that was after i built up from 1 press up to 70 so my upper body was not lacking

what weight are you? 14-15 are you 14 - half stone???

• 1 month later...

5x10 fakkkkkkkk ur lats must be wide

i couldnt do 1 then i bought that iron gym door pull up ting then i could do 2-3

then i briefly done stronglifts and i could do 10 for first set then prob 6-3 reps for the remaining sets

love doing pullups

i want to get to ur stafe 5 x10 donny must be strrrong

btw i weigh 102kgs

i do 3 sets to failuree 3 times a week coz i want a strong back and wide lats