Lets all bow our heads. I know they've brought me good times.

Bruno Di Gradi

La Senza prepares for administration

La Senza is preparing for administration – the latest retailer to seek protection from creditors after tough trading on the high street.

newPic_3559_jpg_2093132b.jpg

La Senza joins a long list of high street retailers including Habitat, Jane Norman and Focus DIY which have fallen into the hands of administrators this year.

By Telegraph staff

5:39PM GMT 23 Dec 2011

comments.gif3 Comments

The lingerie chain, owned by private equity firm Lion Capital, is seeking to appoint an administrator within the next 10 days.

Theo Paphitis, the chain’s former owner, revealed the move on Twitter. He wrote:

twitter_1817835a.gif@TheoPaphitis Just heard sad news that @LaSenzaUK which was once my baby has filed for administration

La Senza’s 2,600 staff had not been informed.

La Senza confirmed the decision, but added: “For the avoidance of doubt, the company is not currently in administration. [it] continues to work with KPMG to explore all options to safeguard [its] future .”

Mr Paphitis, who also a star of the television show Dragons’ Den,bought La Senza in 1998 for what he described as “a quid and 40 Benson & Hedges”.

He turned the chain around, and sold his stake in the company to Lion Capital for £100m in 2006.

La Senza joins a long list of high street retailers including Habitat, Jane Norman and Focus DIY which have fallen into the hands of administrators this year.

//

unfortunate

I had some good times with chicks wearing their goods.

mad to think theyre in such bad financial trouble when practically every female i know talks about going to le senza for lingerie, thought it was a female staple.

True, but they probably have too many shops and staff and business ain't as efficient as it could be.

Can and will continue to happen.