12 Week Hardcore Trainer

JayB

lookin at the diet plan

I was in Tesco today and couldnt even find brown rice

is it really that much better than regular rice?

ive gt wholegrain pasta, should I just stick to that?

dnt even know how to cook or where to get sweet potato

do you just boil broccoli?

think imma just mix and match a few diet plans

in terms of supplements, where do you get digestive enzymes from? and pH balancer

this requires me to go during weekends aswell? long i know itll be packed, thats whyi go first thing in the morning on weekdays

Brown rice is available at all supermarkets. I think he suggests short grain brown rice as the normal brown is very chewy and short grain is a bit more "moist". I have only found short grain brown rice at Holland and Barrett. There is a big difference between brown and white rice on GI scales etc etc but not much difference between brown rice and white BASMATI rice. I did ask him on his facebook fan page a while back if you have to stick with brown rice and he said yes though.

Wholegrain Pasta is perfectly fine, if thats all you want again i think its fine but you will soon get bored so try to mix it up.

Sweet Potatoes are available at all supermarkets too in the veg section next to jacket potatos, new potatos etc etc (not trying to be funny just letting you know where to look)

Broccoli can just be boiled for a short time. I would say get the supermarket own brand frozen stuff as you can 1kg bags for like £1.50 where as fresh stuff is twice as much and there is no difference.

I would avoid mixing and matching plans and stick to the one in his routine. Its common for people to get the urge to customise diets, training etc etc, this guy knos his stuff.

As for supplements, I think that a few of them are not needed like the PH Balancer and Yohimbe. He does say on bodbuilding.com forums that they are not compulsary just make reaching your goals faster. Digestive Enzymes i buy from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-Foods-Super-Enzymes-Tablets/dp/B0013OXKJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325261856&sr=8-1

You can get all the other bits like green tea, oats, protein powder, glutamine etc etc from MyProtein.com. If you wanna save hassle and buy your digestive enzymes from here too then get these http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/digestimax i think they are a bit more expensive though. I wouldnt bother with Vitargo either as its very expensive for what it is. Its a simple carb that goes through the stomach a lot faster than something like dextrose. I would use Maltrodexin, Dextrose or NOW Carbo Gain is another one people suggest on the forums.

I know its long with the gyms being rammed - I try to go early in the mornings on weekends and go late night in the week and it seems to work. Do you go to one of these "fitness" gyms where its 90% cardio machines or do you use a weight lifters gym. If not I would suggest looking into one as I have learnt when I did this a while back that a lot of the exercises require machines that you dont get in these fitness gyms.

Diet could consist of the following

Meal 1 - Egg Whites and Oats

Meal 2 - Chicken Breast, Brown Rice, Broccoli

Meal 3 - Chicken Breast, Sweet Potato, Broccoli

Meal 4 - Whey Protein and Oats

PWO Meal 5 - Whey, Glutamine etc etc

Meal 6 - Chicken/Turkey/Beef/Steak, Pasta, Broccoli

I would say use a LOT of different spices like cayenne, chilli flakes etc etc so you dont get bored

• Upvote 1

lookin at the diet plan

in terms of supplements, where do you get digestive enzymes from? and pH balancer

this requires me to go during weekends aswell? long i know itll be packed, thats whyi go first thing in the morning on weekdays

Brown rice is available at all supermarkets. I think he suggests short grain brown rice as the normal brown is very chewy and short grain is a bit more "moist". I have only found short grain brown rice at Holland and Barrett. There is a big difference between brown and white rice on GI scales etc etc but not much difference between brown rice and white BASMATI rice. I did ask him on his facebook fan page a while back if you have to stick with brown rice and he said yes though.

Wholegrain Pasta is perfectly fine, if thats all you want again i think its fine but you will soon get bored so try to mix it up.

Sweet Potatoes are available at all supermarkets too in the veg section next to jacket potatos, new potatos etc etc (not trying to be funny just letting you know where to look)

Broccoli can just be boiled for a short time. I would say get the supermarket own brand frozen stuff as you can 1kg bags for like £1.50 where as fresh stuff is twice as much and there is no difference.

I would avoid mixing and matching plans and stick to the one in his routine. Its common for people to get the urge to customise diets, training etc etc, this guy knos his stuff.

As for supplements, I think that a few of them are not needed like the PH Balancer and Yohimbe. He does say on bodbuilding.com forums that they are not compulsary just make reaching your goals faster. Digestive Enzymes i buy from amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Now-Foods-Super-Enzymes-Tablets/dp/B0013OXKJA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325261856&sr=8-1

You can get all the other bits like green tea, oats, protein powder, glutamine etc etc from MyProtein.com. If you wanna save hassle and buy your digestive enzymes from here too then get these http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/digestimax i think they are a bit more expensive though. I wouldnt bother with Vitargo either as its very expensive for what it is. Its a simple carb that goes through the stomach a lot faster than something like dextrose. I would use Maltrodexin, Dextrose or NOW Carbo Gain is another one people suggest on the forums.

I know its long with the gyms being rammed - I try to go early in the mornings on weekends and go late night in the week and it seems to work. Do you go to one of these "fitness" gyms where its 90% cardio machines or do you use a weight lifters gym. If not I would suggest looking into one as I have learnt when I did this a while back that a lot of the exercises require machines that you dont get in these fitness gyms.

I would say use a LOT of different spices like cayenne, chilli flakes etc etc so you dont get bored

lookin at the diet plan

props

i go to a normal gym, theres treadmills and a few machines upstairs, then downstairs is the weights section, bench, incline, leg press, fly etc

couldnt find a different gym near me

ill try stick to this once i lose whats left of this belly, so will prob start in like 3 weeks

wont do the profile thing though, ill try take some before pics though

props

i go to a normal gym, theres treadmills and a few machines upstairs, then downstairs is the weights section, bench, incline, leg press, fly etc

ill try stick to this once i lose whats left of this belly, so will prob start in like 3 weeks

props

• 2 weeks later...

How are people getting on with it anyway? On second week now, strength has gone up and ive lost a bit of fat. Happy with results seeing how its only been 2 weeks.

Tried to be on point with the diet, but havent been as extra as the guy in the videos. Some of the workouts havent fully finished me in the gym, so I added a few depending on how I feel. Gonna try be consistent and see if I see similar results in the next couple weeks.

• 1 month later...