PlayStation Vita

Mr. Gayle

its pointless if you don't play games much.

i play them constantly so play mine on a daily basis, takes me 2 hours to get to work so this is what takes up the time and the games i've got are actually sick so i enjoy playing it. Got netflix on mine and about 9 games (vita games and old psp games aswell). Haven't really downloaded any films on it due to having netflix but that's a good option aswell.

Only criticism i have is there aren't enough really big titles out on it yet. guess whether its worth getting depends how much you're paying for it and how much you actually play games

• 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

Think its time to purchase one now this thing is so powerful and the homebrew community are starting to make big leaps. Im looking to use it to run all my old faves on emulators and stream my pc games through it (hopefully no lag). Seen it is capable of playing your ps4 from abroad while you areon holiday best thing is this cost less than £100. the downside is you have to buy the costly ps memory cards but all the games are backed up online so that is the only extra cost 

3 hours ago, The Somalian said:

Think its time to purchase one now this thing is so powerful and the homebrew community are starting to make big leaps. Im looking to use it to run all my old faves on emulators and stream my pc games through it (hopefully no lag). Seen it is capable of playing your ps4 from abroad while you areon holiday best thing is this cost less than £100. the downside is you have to buy the costly ps memory cards but all the games are backed up online so that is the only extra cost 

Can you pirate games as well on this yeah?

1 hour ago, Natty said:

Can you pirate games as well on this yeah?

yes

roms seem readily available even with english patches for the Japanese releases

only started looking into it yesterday just gathering all the information I need with the firmware I need what version I need to buy etc.

Im  at work but later I will drop off all decent links I have come across

Have to be careful not to update the firmware as you can not downgrade and now that it has been discontinued places like Game are taking the p*ss with the prices

https://www.console-deals.com/psvita/

I refuse to pay those mad prices, I think I will check out a few cex stores this weekend so I can physically see what firmware the vita has as you can not downgrade it.

If I don't get much luck I think I will buy 2 updated ones and buy vita motherboards and replace them

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-USA-Version-Motherboard-For-PS-Vita-1000-Main-Board-PCB-Circuit-Boad-Replacement-Part-for/1735470_32661194678.html

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Sony-PlayStation-Vita-Video-Game-Replacement-Motherboards/171833/bn_3138624/i.html

motherboard installation guide

• Downvote 1