FA Cup 2012 Round 3 / Carling Cup Semi-Finals

User

For all you dumb muthaphucas let me break it down iller.

FIFA/FIFPro World XI: 2007, 2008, 2009

UEFA Team of the Year: 2005, 2006, 2007

PFA Team of the Year: 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009

PFA Young Player of the Year: 2001

PFA Fans' Player of the Year: 2001, 2009

FWA Footballer of the Year: 2009

PFA Players' Player of the Year: 2006

• Upvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Gerrard Is great yeah?

So what is Xavi then? Remember Gerrard asked for Xavi's brain

Gerrard is great, Xavi is greater.

Gerrard at one time was one of the best players in the world, that is undeniable.

Top three?

I can't remember that time and I have been watching football since 1996

Guest Portuguese

I remember Gerrard being asked to play the same role for England (SS)

/

End of the day Gerrard is a very good footballer and one of England's best. Let's have it right he isn't great

I actually rate and respect him unlike Lampard(who is the biggest opportunist and fraud in the history of our sport)

/

End of the day Gerrard is a very good footballer and one of England's best. Let's have it right he isn't great

I actually rate and respect him unlike Lampard(who is the biggest opportunist and fraud in the history of our sport)

Lampard is a good player though.

Guest Portuguese

Gerrard Is great yeah?

Gerrard at one time was one of the best players in the world, that is undeniable.

Top three?

WOW it' stretches to a top 5 to 10

For me it stops at 3 that way you avoid over hyping players putting names to fill the gaps or just you simply run out of footballers

2009 did you say?

Xavi/Iniesta/Messi

2009, he was top 5-10.

Guest Portuguese

/

:rofl:

• Downvote 2

Gerrard Is great yeah?

Top three?

For me it stops at 3 that way you avoid over hyping players putting names to fill the gaps or just you simply run out of footballers

2009 did you say?

Xavi/Iniesta/Messi

2009, he was top 5-10.

If your a top 5 footballer then your a world class player period.

Look at the top 5 players in the world right now.

Ronaldo, Messi, Iniesta, Xavi, Van Persie/Silva all world class.

/

Fam just because he isn't aesthetically what you desire in a footballer doesn't mean he wasn't a good player in his prime, not every footballer is going to be a midfield maetsro with the touch of Zidane and the passing ability of Rui Costa, there is more than one way to skin the cat as they say. Lampard at his best was the best goalscoring midfielder about, he might of not been the most technically gifted player but there isn't one person who could say that they didn't fear him when he played against them, he could pop up with a goal at any time and was a vital component of Mournihos dominant Chelsea side, that is why he is a good player and thats being unfair to him, at one time he was one of the best in the league.

Guest Portuguese

/

Fam just because he isn't aesthetically what you desire in a footballer doesn't mean he wasn't a good player in his prime, not every footballer is going to be a midfield maetsro with the touch of Zidane and the passing ability of Rui Costa, there is more than one way to skin the cat as they say. Lampard at his best was the best goalscoring midfielder about, he might of not been the most technically gifted player but there isn't one person who could say that they didn't fear him when he played against them, he could pop up with a goal at any time and was a vital component of Mournihos dominant Chelsea side, that is why he is a good player and thats being unfair to him, at one time he was one of the best in the league.

He should of been a striker

I remember Ancelotti tried to play him at the top of diamond he got lost

How can you be an attacking midfielder but you can't create in open play?

His best time came when he had two guys alongside him doing all the dirty work while he was taking shots

Guest Portuguese

Gerrard Is great yeah?

Top three?

2009 did you say?

Xavi/Iniesta/Messi

2009, he was top 5-10.

Not even there is only three

Messi/Xavi/Iniesta then the rest start getting involved

LOL@putting Cristiano in your top five he wouldn't be in the top 20

Gerrard Is great yeah?

Top three?

2009 did you say?

Xavi/Iniesta/Messi

2009, he was top 5-10.

Not even there is only three

Messi/Xavi/Iniesta then the rest start getting involved

LOL@putting Cristiano in your top five he wouldn't be in the top 20

Man.... forget it lol.

• Upvote 3

You man can laugh.

When has Zidane had to work with a team of Liverpool's calibre?

And I still remember when my boy Paul Lambert clamped Zidane in the Champions League final.

#HENCH

Yeah but gerrard hasn't exactly played with the worst players . He's played with xabi alonso , mascherano , torres ,owen , fowler and you mentioned gerrard was the talis man in the champions league in 05 but i can't agree with that. garcia scored more goals than gerrard and alonso set up more in the whole competition .

and westham weren't exactlly manchester united

And I'm talking bout the CL final specifically, Stevie G don't get that magnificent header the game ends up 5-0 Milan.

That's the stuff Pablo Aimar don't do.

West Ham were a fantastic young team at the time.

Two La Liga titles. This is times where Real was dominating sh*t.

Bringing Valencia to CL final 2nd year in a row.

Uefa Cup and Super cup.

About Aimar don't do sh*t.

Only reason you liking Gerrard is cuz of one final and you want to compare him to Zidane.

/

Once again, Gerrard is fakking class and quality.

And please don't bring Lampard in this.

Guest petercrotch

Thing that seperattes zidane from gerrard is gerrard tends to go missing in BIG games , zidane doesn't . and zidane was pretty much great from when he started till he finished

/

He should of been a striker

I remember Ancelotti tried to play him at the top of diamond he got lost

How can you be an attacking midfielder but you can't create in open play?

His best time came when he had two guys alongside him doing all the dirty work while he was taking shots

i have never seen lampard dominate a game or grab it by the scruff of its neck, look how poor he is when playing in a midfield 2... the fact he scored alot for a 'midfielder' covers a lot of his flaws

He's won every major club competition bar the league and been instrumental in those victories.

Another trophy for Fabregas at Arsenal would have been worth 5 at Barca.

I'm not disputing that however when peope say tings like - Has Fabregas had a better career than Gerrard has? Then surely they trying to say look at the medals and its pretty funny considering he has two medals Gerrard never getting, and that at club level its likely he'll sweep just Gerrard in a season at Barcelona.

You man can laugh.

When has Zidane had to work with a team of Liverpool's calibre?

And I still remember when my boy Paul Lambert clamped Zidane in the Champions League final.

#HENCH

Yeah but gerrard hasn't exactly played with the worst players . He's played with xabi alonso , mascherano , torres ,owen , fowler and you mentioned gerrard was the talis man in the champions league in 05 but i can't agree with that. garcia scored more goals than gerrard and alonso set up more in the whole competition .

and westham weren't exactlly manchester united

And I'm talking bout the CL final specifically, Stevie G don't get that magnificent header the game ends up 5-0 Milan.

That's the stuff Pablo Aimar don't do.

West Ham were a fantastic young team at the time.

LOOOOOOOOOOOL westham a fantastic team ? They finished 9th in the table that year , that side did not have one world class player in their team .

and you are goign abit overboard with the overatting of gerrard now . He was not the player that won liverpool the champions league , livepool as a team played well in the second hard not just gerrard .

Bruv that team just got promoted from the Championship what you on about?

Gerrard Is great yeah?

Top three?

2005 only Ronaldinho was better in the world.

Some one said Gerard >>> fabb wow

Has Fabregas had a better career than Gerrard has?

By the end of this season, he'll probably have more medals than Gerrard... And he played for Arsenal during the drought so imagine how peak that really is for Stevie...

Yeah but whether Barcelona really needed him to get them trophies is an obvious no lol.

No Stevie G, Steve Finnan has no CL medal to show the grandkids.