FreeMason

Im only bothered about my music tbh and ill have that stored on bout 4 diff drives

Never had a hd problem in all my computing life

You reckon i should be going for redundancy tho?

Im only bothered about my music tbh and ill have that stored on bout 4 diff drives

hahaha

why you getting shook now? (yes you have just jinxed yourself)

tbh I only had one drive in mine for the longest...then I thought I started hearing some clicking from the HD, you should have seen how fast I brought the 2nd drive

strangely enough the 1st drive is still going strong.

buuuut tbh fair enough you have your current stuff backed up in multiple places, but your likely to start adding to that on the NAS so your going to want that backed up no?

I don't have any apple products so I haven't personally used the time machine backup etc, but I know folk that do and they haven't complained about it.

The Synology forum is fuuuuuuuulll off info n woes tbh, I always have a flick through that if I have certain woes, though I had to sort out redirecting my iTunes library n shit myself as no one had solved it on there.

Not sure of your requirements tbh @ local

something for a mac

just pics, videos n tunes

i aint got much

i dont want to have to plug it in

gonna be travelling about with it so i want it to not die on me

gonna leave the hard drive back in the uk as a backup n want somethin to take with me

i got 2 weeks

plz help

Should keep an eye out for John Lewis on Black Friday for the price matches.

In the past they had people staying up late night monitoring prices on electricals at midnight & then updating theirs, plus hard drives are something they always plan their own deals on & try to be most competitively priced.

/

Just saw you need 2tb. When I was there it was 500GB & 1TB they had big offers on they should be doing their own deals again(1 per size) for those two sizes not sure about 2tb though that might be price matched only.

• Upvote 1

Cursed your self

/

Recommend Crashplan as backup sellout ion. Seen Time Machine cause too many issues

What issues?

Seen it where the user has gone to restore and the data ismissing/corrupt. No logging so you don't know if/when/how it failed

Fucked me over when it corrupted data when the disk ran out of room and started wrapping round.

Nice one for the info, getting delivered tomorrow so ill see what approach im gonna take.

Any good articles on set up?

Not sure of your requirements tbh @ local

something for a mac

just pics, videos n tunes

i aint got much

i dont want to have to plug it in

gonna be travelling about with it so i want it to not die on me

gonna leave the hard drive back in the uk as a backup n want somethin to take with me

i got 2 weeks

plz help

Should keep an eye out for John Lewis on Black Friday for the price matches.

In the past they had people staying up late night monitoring prices on electricals at midnight & then updating theirs, plus hard drives are something they always plan their own deals on & try to be most competitively priced.

/

Just saw you need 2tb. When I was there it was 500GB & 1TB they had big offers on they should be doing their own deals again(1 per size) for those two sizes not sure about 2tb though that might be price matched only.

sound for the advice

not gonna be about on friday tho n im para that shit wont reach me in time

gonna grab 1 now fakk it

hahaha

why you getting shook now? (yes you have just jinxed yourself)

tbh I only had one drive in mine for the longest...then I thought I started hearing some clicking from the HD, you should have seen how fast I brought the 2nd drive

strangely enough the 1st drive is still going strong.

buuuut tbh fair enough you have your current stuff backed up in multiple places, but your likely to start adding to that on the NAS so your going to want that backed up no?

I don't have any apple products so I haven't personally used the time machine backup etc, but I know folk that do and they haven't complained about it.

The Synology forum is fuuuuuuuulll off info n woes tbh, I always have a flick through that if I have certain woes, though I had to sort out redirecting my iTunes library n shit myself as no one had solved it on there.

Pm'd you, could do with some pointers coz i got ocd when it comes to file organisation, need to know how to approach it lol