Craig David Appreciation

kerser

never found LDH that great. craig david was another level compared to what we were listening too

i remember when i was in my first and only retail job and we got his cd and played it in store

we used to get customers of all types coming up asking who that person was so they could get the CD

• Downvote 4

Bruce bruce... how bout you go Top yourself? or do your braids.

craig david was commerciallyon another level is what i mean. like you said LDH was a neo-soul artist which wasnt going to be big in this market

but at the same time craig was doing music that was uniquely british with an RnB flair and was good at it

and was successful with it worldwide.

• Downvote 3

Craig David's sound was hot (stinking hot) at the time because Garage was blowing up.

He was the 1st real vocal superstar of that sound, a lot of others should have followed his lead but they just kept on doing cameo appearances with Artful Dodger and MJ Cole, never really went forward as a solo artist in their own right.

I guess he was the perfect figurehead, he had the looks, voice and the style.

I think the parallels between him and So Solid are frightening, they were both the sound of that generation but instead of embracing it and seeing Garage had a different evolution they tried to jump on the American Hip Hop/RnB wave and killed themselves and the scene in the process.

I don't think I could listen to his music in 10 years though, it doesn't have that longevity, that's why I would go for Lynden in the end.