All-Black film Cast... nah wont sell in Europe?

MARVELL

red_tails-600x304.jpg

George Lucas has invested over $90 million of his own money to finance Red Tails, a film about black pilots who fought in World War Two. Why? Because Hollywood says that they can't market a movie with an all-black cast. Despite the fact that notable actors like Cuba Gooding Jr. and Terrence Howard will star in the film, distributors claim that there's simply no audience for a movie like this.
Lucas claims that he showed the film to several major studios, who declined to distribute it because there's "no major white roles."

"I showed it to all of them and they said, 'No. We don't know how to market a movie like this...' They don't believe there's any foreign market for it, and that's sixty percent of their profit."

The problem is, when they think of movies with no major white roles, They imagine comedies with Martin Lawrence and Eddie Murphy, where stereotype-driven racial humor is the focus of the film.
On top of the $58 million to finance the making of the film, George is putting a further $35 million towards distribution to get the project off the ground.

I hope Red Tails takes off — not only to tip the balance of black movies away from "Black people are this way, white people are this way" jokes

Plans for a prequel and Sequel too if it takes off commercially and a possible TV franchise. Aml Ameen is in it as well.

</p>
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Asoon as I saw you in this thread I knew you would say something like that

predicable sack of sh*t like always

ur problem is is dont rly give a sh*t who u are or what u say.. stop chasing me around.im saying what george lucas said.predictable c*nt as always...@gayle lol but thats how they probably talked tho, being a soldier wdnt make it no different.

• Downvote 8

Asoon as I saw you in this thread I knew you would say something like that

predicable sack of sh*t like always

suck your dad through a straw

lucas wouldn't know good storytelling if it slapped him in the face

anyone who says any differently is mentally deficient

Who gives a f*ck if this film is sh*t, he's trying to give black people a platform to showcase themselves and funding it himself.

It's a positive move you thick inbred specimen

• Upvote 3