Megaupload shut down by US officials

Don Crack

Lamar Smith, the chief sponsor of SOPA, said on Friday that he is pulling the bill “until there is wider agreement on a solution.”

“I have heard from the critics and I take seriously their concerns regarding proposed legislation to address the problem of online piracy,” Smith (R-Texas) said. “It is clear that we need to revisit the approach on how best to address the problem of foreign thieves that steal and sell American inventions and products.”

Smith also released the following statement on Friday:

“We need to revisit the approach on how best to address the problem of foreign thieves that steal and sell American inventions and products. “The problem of online piracy is too big to ignore. American intellectual property industries provide 19 million high-paying jobs and account for more than 60% of U.S. exports. The theft of America’s intellectual property costs the U.S. economy more than $100 billion annually and results in the loss of thousands of American jobs. Congress cannot stand by and do nothing while American innovators and job creators are under attack.”

“The online theft of American intellectual property is no different than the theft of products from a store. It is illegal and the law should be enforced both in the store and online.

“The Committee will continue work with copyright owners, Internet companies, financial institutions to develop proposals that combat online piracy and protect America’s intellectual property. We welcome input from all organizations and individuals who have an honest difference of opinion about how best to address this widespread problem. The Committee remains committed to finding a solution to the problem of online piracy that protects American intellectual property and innovation.”

The move comes after widespread protest on the Internet on Wednesday by Wikipedia, Reddit and others. The sites signaled their displeasure with the bill by going dark. That day, several Congressmen dropped their support for SOPA and its Senate counterpart, PIPA. The latter bill has also been taken off the table for now.

“In light of recent events, I have decided to postpone Tuesday’s vote on the PROTECT IP Act,” said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) in a statement Friday morning.

Smith’s stance comes just two days after he told The Wall Street Journal that he didn’t plan to back down on SOPA, telling the newspaper he expected to “move forward” with the bill in February.

Lol at Swiss beatz being CEO of Megaupload

Obviously 1 of the main reasons Feds have gone after it

he isn't n its not

http://www.forbes.co...s-court-filing/

:/

seen.

/

Busta Rhymes Backs Megaupload, Says Record Labels Are The Real Criminals
Well, well. As we pointed out when the Megaupload shutdown happened yesterday, the company had recently named top producer (and husband to Alicia Keys) Swizz Beatz as CEO.

Diddy, who put out a couple tweets pledging support and telling him to never stop.

But what's a lot more interesting are the very direct statements from Busta Rhymes, who is clearly pissed off at the US government claiming that Megaupload is a criminal operation. Putting his tweets together, he states:

1st of all I am soooo proud of my brother @THEREALSWIZZZ 4 being apart of creating something (MEGAUPLOAD) that could create the most powerful way 4 artist 2 get 90% off of every dollar despite the music being downloaded 4 free...

With labels and companies doin' deals with Spotify and many other companies like it who doesn't give us sh*t continue 2 do what they do and blatantly show us how much they value the artist with doing deals of such disrespect and lack of value 4 our content...

I am proud 2 stand next 2 my brother @THEREALSWIZZZ and fight the good fight...Our freedom is truly being f*cked with in a very significant way and I strongly suggest 2 all artist especially the 1's Swizz repped 4 comes out & reps 4 him!!!

f*ck that I say it again...I'M PROUD OF MY BROTHER @THEREALSWIZZZ #GREATMIND!!

http://www.techdirt....criminals.shtml

Due to the way its distributed its hard to remove content. Also its hard to track people down because it doesnt expose network adresses and any sender/destination info can easily be forged. All they can do is get isps to block the indexing sites, like they did with newzbin, but there are so many around.

Lol at Swiss beatz being CEO of Megaupload

Obviously 1 of the main reasons Feds have gone after it

how does one even come up with that sort of rational?

racist internet feds init

makes perfect sense

seems as he musta googled for that link he jus posted, ignored all the top results that clearly say the swizz bein ceo rumours are bollocks n found that 1, i'd call it willful ignorance

seen.

yeh me and busta ryhmes are so ignorant.

and anyway i didnt say ur story was bullshit, i just posted something 1 of my sources

and of course it was they want to go for just bcuz swiss beats is CEO, they dont wanna let a g live (PINCH OF SALT REQUIRED)

edit; im still f*cked from last night excuse my very shitty english

1st of all I am soooo proud of my brother @THEREALSWIZZZ 4 being apart of creating something (MEGAUPLOAD) that could create the most powerful way 4 artist 2 get 90% off of every dollar despite the music being downloaded 4 free...

How does this work?

The artist creates an account > "leaks" their link to new album on blogs,etc> get paid per x downloads

That way they're getting paper through the label and their own resources

How does this work?

The artist creates an account > "leaks" their link to new album on blogs,etc> get paid per x downloads

1520955-weebay.gif

Genius.

The labels were getting hustled for once.

• Upvote 3

filesonic along with a bunch of other file sharing site closed down their file sharing service due to megaupload being taken down.

here is a list:

MegaUpload - Closed.

FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.

FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..

UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..

FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).

... VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.

Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.

FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)

Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.

4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.

MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI

Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"

Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.

Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOUP / PIPA

Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOUP / PIPA

ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOUP / PIPA

How does this work?

1520955-weebay.gif

Genius.

The labels were getting hustled for once.

filesonic along with a bunch of other file sharing site closed down their file sharing service due to megaupload being taken down.

here is a list:

MegaUpload - Closed.

FileServe - Closing does not sell premium.

FileJungle - Deleting files. Locked in the U.S..

UploadStation - Locked in the U.S..

FileSonic - the news is arbitrary (under FBI investigation).

... VideoBB - Closed! would disappear soon.

Uploaded - Banned U.S. and the FBI went after the owners who are gone.

FilePost - Deleting all material (so will leave executables, pdfs, txts)

Videoz - closed and locked in the countries affiliated with the USA.

4shared - Deleting files with copyright and waits in line at the FBI.

MediaFire - Called to testify in the next 90 days and it will open doors pro FBI

Org torrent - could vanish with everything within 30 days "he is under criminal investigation"

Network Share mIRC - awaiting the decision of the case to continue or terminate Torrente everything.

Koshiki - operating 100% Japan will not join the SOUP / PIPA

Shienko Box - 100% working china / korea will not join the SOUP / PIPA

ShareX BR - group UOL / BOL / iG say they will join the SOUP / PIPA

madness

*looks over shoulder*