Google+ now has 90 million users globally

Don Crack

Google’s Larry Page has announced that Google+ now has 90 million users globally, doubling the number from three months ago. Page also said that G+ has a 60% ‘daily engagement’ rate. This came as a part of Google’s Q4 and fiscal year 2011 financial reports.

I am super excited about the growth of Android, Gmail, and Google+, which now has 90 million users globally – well over double what I announced just three months ago. By building a meaningful relationship with our users through Google+ we will create amazing experiences across our services.

This number is significantly higher than the 62 million estimated by Ancestry.com founder and ‘unofficial Google+ statistician’ Paul Allen in December. Google reported revenue that was significantly lower than expected for the fourth quarter of this year at $8.13B with an EPS of $9.50, estimates had pegged the search and ad giant’s earnings at around $8.4B.

By comparison, it took Facebook 4.5 years to get to the 100 million mark. Google+ should get there at 8 months. Engagement numbers are good for the network too, as we’ve seen personally here at The Next Web. It’s not clear from Page’s statements whether ‘daily engagement’ was just viewing or a user taking a specific action on the service like +1-ing a post.

http://thenextweb.co...-million-users/

Don't even use this. Don't think any of my 5000 facebook friends use this either. :| Are all the users American?

im not sure but i know Android is the most popular phone in the UK

Really? i thought the iPhone or the bb would be?

http://www.vip2.co.uk/forum/topic/74398-android-has-almost-half-the-uk-market/page__hl__android__fromsearch__1