Simon Cowell's new DJ show

Don Crack

Simon Cowell has hooked up with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith for an international live reality TV show to find the "world's greatest DJs".

The man behind The X Factor was tight-lipped on the details, but we're assuming there'll be a clutch of hand-picked celeb judges to put the hopefuls through their beatmatched paces.

So if Simon hasn't yet made those all-important phonecalls, here are some of our preferred picks for The Scratch Factor (or whatever they end up calling it!).

DJ Jazzy Jeff

With his best buddy Will Smith involved in the show, Jazz is a definite, surely? Jeff was an award-winning hip-hop DJ before he and Smith won TV fame in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

The pair released five studio albums together and had two megahits with 'Summertime' and 'Boom! Shake The Room'.

Calvin Harris

He was famously banned from The X Factor for life after disturbing Jedward with a pineapple on his head, but since then he's helmed a chart-topping hit for Rihanna and kissed and made up with Chris Brown. That should smooth things over!

Armin van Buuren

Four-time winner of the annual Top 100 DJs poll, Buuren may have been knocked off the top this year by David Guetta, but the Dutch producer is still #1 in the hearts of many trance fans and would give a bit of mainstream credibility to proceedings.

Terminator X

Born Norman Rogers, the man who "talks with his hands" and was behind the decks for Public Enemy until 1999. Amazingly, since retiring from music in 2003, he's been running an ostrich stud farm in North Carolina. He appeared on Andreaus 13's Judgment Day last year and could cement a return to music on Cowell's new baby.

Paul Oakenfold

Oakey has done more live sets and mixes than most DJs have had hot dinners. The founder of the massive Perfecto label and, together with the likes of Terry Farley and Andrew Weatherall, one of the first to get indiepoppers dancing. He could drag in viewers from across the board. He also has some reality TV pedigree with the 'Big Brother Theme', of course!

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/realitybites/a362107/simon-cowells-new-dj-show-our-dream-judges.html

i can imagin simon cowell telling all these beatmatchers to scratch and they be like "i dont know how to scratch". He has a chance to expose the industry for what it is.

Lmao

Oh man

What a horribly retarded thing to say

You don't know what DJing is about if you think it's all about skills and scratching n sh*t

i can imagin simon cowell telling all these beatmatchers to scratch and they be like "i dont know how to scratch". He has a chance to expose the industry for what it is.

Lmao

Oh man

What a horribly retarded thing to say

You don't know what DJing is about if you think it's all about skills and scratching n sh*t

Yes i dont know what DJin is 8-)

• 4 weeks later...