FA Cup Round 4 & Week 23

User

good half that

good combination play between Carrick and Scholes in the middle even though Carrick loves to hold Schole's hand and NEVER makes himself available going forward, but thats nothing new 8-)

Giggs a bit wayward in his passing, not doing much to link up with Welbeck

Park started off shocking, balance allover the gaff, couldn't bring the ball under control in tight areas, etc etc - then he just goes and shuts me up by scoring an excellent goal :D

Rafa has done well against Enrique, i was worried about that match up but he's kept him and Henderson very quiet

Need to get more support up to Welbeck, still feel he has a goal in him today, hope it happens and he does a Henry infront of the of LFC fans :Y:

De Gea needs a bit more help in the box too, getting crowded out way too easily, would actually prefer he stay on his line on corners if he doesnt think he can get a clean view on it.

p.s. someone needs to gif that Rafa & Gerrard 50/50 - top boy he is!

p.s.s. Carroll<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< - looks hungover

75 - Paul Scholes made 75 passes in the first half v Liverpool, completing 73 of them (97%). Master.

Nah tbh his physique (at this age) is not built for the prem, he's thin, and not very tall (don't know where these ridiculous quotes of 6'4 come from, he's 6 foot, 6'1 at the most)

He's gone from the least physical top league in the world to the most, and he's having a difficult time adjusting

VDS had a similar physique he was obviously a bit taller

but i still maintain De Gea main problem is confidence, once he gets that he'll be good imo

Nah tbh his physique (at this age) is not built for the prem, he's thin, and not very tall (don't know where these ridiculous quotes of 6'4 come from, he's 6 foot, 6'1 at the most)

He's gone from the least physical top league in the world to the most, and he's having a difficult time adjusting

VDS had a similar physique he was obviously a bit taller

but i still maintain De Gea main problem is confidence, once he gets that he'll be good imo

VDS was different though because he had a huge frame and 4 inches on even the tall players (6'2) on the pitch, he also had time to mature as a PL player at Fulham where his mistakes would bring less pressure

De Gea will definitely get better with confidence, but even with that he still has deficiencies that will cause him problems in the prem, his size, and his style of continental keeping, which means he isn't well prepared for physical contests, he prefers to punch rather than catch, is quite poor aerially compared to most PL keepers, and a lot of stuff comes off him

He obviously has quality, it's just going to be very difficult for him to adjust, he reminds me a lot of Casilias, and I've always thought Casilias would have a torrid time here if he came, for the same reasons

It will obviously make him physically stronger and heavier, as he gets older his body will fill out, he still really has the body of a wiry adolescent, he must weigh about 11 stone at best, if you've ever played against someone a stone or two heavier than you you'll know it's incredibly difficult to try and shift or go through them in the air, so if he bulks up a bit it would help, look at someone like Shay Given who is around the same size, because he was a bit bigger he didn't have too many problems.

I still think the mentality and style, is more of a problem than size though, Michael Vorm also has no such problems.