Why is there not any Asian, Somalian, Middle Eastern Footballers

CrillzCity

They ain't built for this sh*t I know one Somali younger making waves in Scotland. Think it's a culture thing where man from these parts don't integrate with wider population where as blacks do. But you get plenty Asian cricketers in this country.

I disagree in schools, social settings etc you see many Asian, Somali, Arab youth's playing with the whites and blacks. Atleast in London anyway.

f*ck i was just thinking about this

no patels in the prem

f*ck i was just thinking about this

no patels in the prem

No Somalians, Persians, Arabs, Jews either you can't act like Asian and Black is the only ethnic minority in UK just as many Somalian, Middle Eastern people too and there is no Somalian or Middle Eastern players either.

There aren't enough asians who take it seriously enough to make the break through. Not to mention that most asians stick together. For example the best asian baller within a group of asians probably is average when put in a group of white and black ballers. The standard of who you play with will inevitably shape how good you can or will be. Even at the level of where black kids are all playing together a good baller here can still step into a team full of white lads and still look like a very good player.

If you've ever played or seen one of those all asian football tournaments you'd understand exactly what i'm saying

They don't get enough support and they aren't the types to be out everyday kicking ball in the street or the park jn their early years. Which is what gives you the basic co-ordination and motor skills, that allow you to progress.

Somalis are a newer immigrant group. Will probably start progressing through the acadamies in the next 5 years, same way the Nigerians and Ghanaians born in the 80's are starting to come through.

I grew up playing with Somalis in Woolwich, and they are definetely built for it. Good levels of stamina and decent technique. Dont stand out as much as West Affs or Jamos tho. Think Man City got an academy graduate out on loan.

Theres a few

daud_juventus.jpg

800x700_Ibrahim.ashx.jpeg

article-0-06E5F83F000005DC-147_306x465.jpg

Ayub Daud - Juventus

Abdisalam Ibrahim - Man City

Islam Feruz - Celtic

You might not know this but Fabio Liverani is also somali.

Fabio+Liverani+Citta+di+Palermo+Headshots+9CigQpDCNq0l.jpg

Since majority of Somalis established base in the UK in the 90s the next generation will produce alot more professionals.

Same way Ghana, Nigeria etc etc done so.

• Upvote 2

Islam Feruz - Celtic

he's at Chelsea now

& Benayon is from Israel isn't he?? saw somoene mention Jews

Benayoun is an israeli jew of moroccan origin, Ben Haim of west ham is an israeli jew of algerian origin.

/

Personally i think asians (and i include middle eastern people in that but not north african or oriental) are not built for sport, they havent really excelled in any sport apart from cricket which to be honest doesnt require the most athleticism.

Can u name a sport or discipline in the world which an asian has been champion of?

I can think of just a few exceptions, nasseem hamed who is yemeni origin and amir khan of pakistani origin, both in boxing.

I cant think of any other asians in top tier sports/leagues.