Lets all blame the foreign people

Guest petercrotch

Where do some of you get your opinions on these matters from, is it from first hand experience or just word of mouth.

I'm not even sending its just that it does seem a little farfetched. Do you think being white and British gives you access to more opportunities?

It's obviously more of a class divide than a racial divide but you can only comment on what you have personally witnessed.

>>>>>>>>>> You

My grandparents came here over half a century ago and helped build this country back up after WWII.

My mother was born here and so was I, don't try tell me what claims I have over this country.

You need to be real. Your grandparents were brought here to clean toilets, and do other jobs the English didn't want to. And they still look at you (us) as an underclass that is built to serve them. You arent suppose to have a stake in this country. You're just meant to be happy they "saved" you from poverty and allowed you to clean their shoes.

My grandparents were brought here to help raise the prosperity of the country and rebuild it.

Whether they look at me as an underclass my grandad has over 40 years service in London Transport, my dad is a London Black cab, I have voting rights so I have a stake in this country.

did ur grandad help build the Bakerloo line too like mine did?

Man owned his own medical centre in Africa and came here on a skilled professional permit in the 1950's and worked as a tunnel digger. Man said f*ck this and went home less than 20 years later.

Scarman Report showed me this countries policies on migrant workers has always been the same sh*t, different name.

did ur grandad help build the Bakerloo line too like mine did?

I have no idea.

Man owned his own medical centre in Africa and came here on a skilled professional permit in the 1950's and worked as a tunnel digger. Man said f*ck this and went home less than 20 years later.

Yeah, I've heard alot of them stories from my grandparents, people having qualifications and them not meaning anything over here.

Having to retrain as a teacher for example from scratch.

Scarman Report showed me this countries policies on migrant workers has always been the same sh*t, different name.

How you mean?

Where do some of you get your opinions on these matters from, is it from first hand experience or just word of mouth.

I'm not even sending its just that it does seem a little farfetched. Do you think being white and British gives you access to more opportunities?

It's obviously more of a class divide than a racial divide but you can only comment on what you have personally witnessed.

It's a mixture of both tbh. An example my 1st couple weeks at work. I was asked if I was a security guard by a random Asian guy. A guy from a different department asked me hiw i got the job and if I was part of some kind of government scheme. When i tell people which uni I went they usually give me the "how did you get in there look"

When i sit in meetings people assume i dont know anything and are always trying a ting.

A woman in the riots said why cant they be more like you. Get an education and make something of their lives. Which I took offence to 1. Because she'd turned it into a black people thing and 2. She assumed she knew my Background and was well placed to speak on it.

Preconceptions/prejudices run deep, some of it is racial/some social.

When i sit in meetings people assume i dont know anything and are always trying a ting.

How you mean?

A woman in the riots said why cant they be more like you. Get an education and make something of their lives. Which I took offence to 1. Because she'd turned it into a black people thing and 2. She assumed she knew my Background and was well placed to speak on it.

What did you say in response to that?

I'm not passing judgement just wondering.

Real talk there is a lot of ignorance out there, best thing to do is reply articulately and end it there.

Okay, did she definitely mean race and not age?

Not doubting yours or anyone else's word on this matter, but some people do like to play on these situations when they have had it no harder than anyone else.

I feel you bro. I've had those same sly ones numerous times. Most recent one was last year when my wife & I went to buy insurance for our business. We got talking about why we moved out of London. Later in the convo he goes "why can't those people causing trouble in the riots be more like you two". "I'm not being funny but most of them are just lazy, don't want to work for anything & just want to be criminals but you two seem to be doing good for yourselves. Why can't they?"

Later after learning who we supply, he goes "How did you manage that then? Was it some competition or positive discrimination program their running?" My wife & I looked at each other, I told him thanks for the quote but we'll leave it & left.

Okay, did she definitely mean race and not age?

Not doubting yours or anyone else's word on this matter, but some people do like to play on these situations when they have had it no harder than anyone else.

Real talk.

How you mean?

One example. People will try and get me to authorise payments for things anyone with common sense would know they have no entitlement to be paid for. Or they will try and dress something up using certain words thinking I'm not following what they're saying. Just assumptions that your level of intelligence isn't what it should be and they can use it to brazEnly dance around you and take the piss.

What did you say in response to that?

I'm not passing judgement just wondering.

Me and her are cool so we can talk about things like that. I told her its not as simple as just putting your head down and coming out rosy. Had some long convo and basically agreed that she had taken a lot of things for granted in terms of the parenting she (we) had received mainly. Also burdens you deal with are different. You ain't worrying about Not having a meal, or the lights turning off, or your parents not being in when you go home

Cos they work nights. when your from a certain background. And it affects young peoples judgment. She agreed but was still like you play with the hand your dealt.

Real talk there is a lot of ignorance out there, best thing to do is reply articulately and end it there.

It's not a case of me feeling "more" british, I just feel I am entitled to and can attain ANYTHING I want here.

For the most part I have been proven right, there are countless opportunities regardless of background for a person to advance in this country if they have the desire.

It's not a case of me feeling "more" british, I just feel I am entitled to and can attain ANYTHING I want here.

For the most part I have been proven right, there are countless opportunities regardless of background for a person to advance in this country if they have the desire.

You're getting sh*t confused. There are plenty of black people who have attained riches, houses, cars whatever. But that doesn't change the fact you're still not gonna be accepted. You're always gonna be seen as an outsider.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Accepted by whom?

The only thing people should be worried about is whether they get accepted into University or a Job etc...

If you are waiting to get accepted by this imaginary british pysche you have a long wait, people are different and will react to you differently.

Intelligent and good people accept you how you come end of.

& I don't need no old white man to tell me he accepts me in this country to know I have claim over it.

its good that you said that. thats the same way a somali immigrant should respond to you

who;s kids are being raised here and will eventually contribute to society, most of whom will do good for themselves

they dont need your acceptance of their parents the same way your parents didnt need Chris Smith's acceptance.

however, there is alot of moaning within the carribean community about immigrants

when in 20 yrs they as a community will be at a serious disadvantage compared to the same immigrants.

I would never say to anybody "no matter what you attain you will never be accepted" as I think that is a stupid and defeatist way to live.

The Duke of Buckinghamshire never accepted Henry VIII as king as his father usurped the crown, if the King of England had problems being accepted why should the working class think they will have an easier job?

A more contemporary version is Obama, you think everybody is happy to see him as President?

People need to drop the chip on their shoulder and look at the big picture, f*ck community aswell because you are ultimately judged as an individual.

All your stories are so cool. Just want to throw mine out there too.

My grandad aint done sh*t for this country, matter of fact, he was a bedouin.

Do I still have the same rights as you guys in this country?

I used the grandparent example to illustrate why I feel I have a stake in this country.

You may feel you have a stake also, for different reasons, who am I to tell you you're wrong?

Technically if you have paid taxes you indeed do have a stake.

You're getting sh*t confused. There are plenty of black people who have attained riches, houses, cars whatever. But that doesn't change the fact you're still not gonna be accepted. You're always gonna be seen as an outsider.

This tbh.

The way at work some speak like this is just :/

Can drop so much racial crap that I hear.