Petrol Prices

kerser

isnt Naij in opec? the Oil running out thing IS a myth.

its just getting a bit more expensive to look for Oil

more and more countries not in Opec are finding Oil reserves of their own.

what annoys me is that OPEC is the most powerful organisation in the world,

yet they allow daemonz control them. very sad

Good to see my country on the OPEC list, i know we're still finding new discoveries all over algeria, and in the last few years we've managed to pay of all our national debt, our forex reserve means we actually have more money than USA. A shame the general population dont get more share of the money but infrastructure seems to be improving big time.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Swear the price is nothing to do with the oil price it's just how much tax is added on and the governments excuse for this is they think it will reduce the number of cars on the road

Which it won't

its just getting a bit more expensive to look for Oil

Wrong,

What we're currently seeing is called Market Share Strategies.

The current market for petrol is homogeneous (Dont get excited) which means companies such as BP, ESSO, SHELL etc have no way of differentiating their product and allows firms to set prices right on the brink of what a market can take - it's a bit of give & take where by most of them have no option but to follow the market price.

Essentially these firms are looking to eliminate companies, those companies who drop their prices will have to react to excess demand but don't forget these larger firms have driven up the price of oil meaning it's going to be more expensive to purchase and produce - then once the market deflates again (possibly intentially) these companies will be a breaking point.

Very pollitcal.

the Oil running out thing IS a myth.

Why do you say that, don't you think the reserves will ever be depleted if used at the current level?

I have heard knowledgeable people say that Crude Oil is not even a fossil fuel and may be a naturally occurring substance in the earth's crust.

Will it ever go down again?

Its a joke i swear, £50 doesnt even hit half a tank

http://www.speedlimi...trolprices.html

Average prices from 2000:

Year - Price per litre

2000 - 76.9

2001 - 77.9

2002 - 69.9

2003 - 77.9

2004 - 77.9

2005 - 79.9

2006 - 88.9

2007 - 87.9

2008 - 103.9

2009 - 89.9

2010 - 111.9

2011 - 129.9

2012 - 1.40

end of 2012 - 1.50

:(

the Oil running out thing IS a myth.

Why do you say that, don't you think the reserves will ever be depleted if used at the current level?

I have heard knowledgeable people say that Crude Oil is not even a fossil fuel and may be a naturally occurring substance in the earth's crust.

because i don't listen to daemons... all the info about oil running out is a myth to create more control and scaremongering. there is so much undiscovered oil on the planet. The place where daemons have the most influence may be depleting such as the desert. but no, i dont think petrol will ever go down again until there is an alternative source of fuel that can do as much as crude can

• 2 years later...