Please give me Job. :)

MARVELL

Student bags job after desperate roadside placard-waving plea

Hugh Chadwick went to extreme measures to secure work - but his efforts have paid off

A student who resorted to advertising his availability for work at a busy road junction for days on end has hit the jackpot after clinching a position with renowned engineering company.

For hard-up Hugh Chadwick it was a dream come true when the offer came through from Rotech Laboratories.

22l5dg.png;

Left penniless after enrolling on an HND course in aerospace engineering, the 20-year-old felt he had to take drastic action.

Standing on the side of a busy road in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, determined Hugh brandished a placard which read 'Please Give Me A Job', with a smiley face drawn on the top-right corner for extra effect.

His persistence has now paid off handsomely, with Hugh due to start in his new role on Monday.

Hugh, from Solihull, told the Birmingham Mail: "I got a job offer from Rotech and went to see them on Friday. It went really well. They offered me a job as a mechanical testing technician and I start on Monday - I can't wait."

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Guest petercrotch

a black person would NEVER EVER do something like this .

not so much because of rep or being too cool, its because most of us do not like being the centre of attention unlike white people .

fair play to the lad its good that he showed abit of initiative

Also many people have done this before.

A few people done it on the plinth @ trafalgar square

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesign/2009/sep/02/plinth-trafalgar-square-graduate-job

Many people have done it on busy routes within the square mile

and I'm sure a Black banker got a job doing this in Bank somewhere

Guest petercrotch

LOL @ people on here saying black people wouldn't do this, like they forgot about the "voice" in the states.

Yes we are really talking about black americans ,because most people on this site are americans aren't they lol .

i once read of some british guy (and black)who got into property mgt and running his own company

just from seeing some breh driving a porshe or thereabouts and walking up to him to ask how he can make the money he did

and the guy took him under his wing.

i guess if no one here has or needs that motivation the results will be flawed.