Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TF S4DK

Pre-Season 2012/13: Arsenal to play Manchester City in Beijing//Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup

95 posts in this topic

gun__1330507961_beijing_stadium.jpg

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that the first-team squad will be travelling to China in July to play Manchester City in the famous Beijing National Stadium.

Arsenal and Manchester City will play each other in the inaugural ‘China Cup’, a one-off match in Beijing’s ‘Bird’s Nest’ Stadium on Friday, July 27, kick-off 8pm local time.

The Gunners will be travelling to China for the second consecutive year, following their successful summer Asia tour in July 2011, in which the Club played matches in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and Hangzhou, China.

Arsenal Chief Executive Ivan Gazidis said: “Further to our hugely successful visit to Hangzhou in 2011, everyone at Arsenal is extremely excited to once again be visiting China this year.

“We enjoy huge support in Asia and by playing a match in Beijing, we will once again be bringing the Club close to our loyal fans in China. The players and staff had an amazing time in China last year and we are all looking forward to visiting this great country again in July.

“The match against Manchester City is sure to be an exciting spectacle, with many great players from both sides playing in front of thousands of supporters in the wonderful ‘Bird’s Nest’ Stadium. It is also fitting that two English clubs are playing each other on the opening day of the London 2012 Olympics, in the stadium which hosted the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games.”

Ticket details and travel options for supporters wishing to attend the match in Beijing will feature soon on Arsenal.com, together with any developments and news regarding Arsenal’s summer pre-season schedule.

See you there fam, let me know if you wanna meet for Sakei and dim sum, before hand :Y:

See you there fam, let me know if you wanna meet for Sakei and dim sum, before hand :Y:

PM sent bro :Y:

Arsenal are delighted to confirm their involvement in the Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup at Southampton’s St Mary's Stadium on Saturday, July 14.

The competition, now in its second year, will see the Gunners join hosts Southampton and Scottish Premier League runners-up Glasgow Rangers for a round-robin tournament of three 45-minute long games.

Southampton – newly promoted to the Premier League - kick things off against Rangers at 5.15pm.

The opening match will be followed by a procession of the Olympic torch around the stadium, before the Gunners take to the field for their first game with Rangers at 6.45pm.

Arsenal will then face the Saints at 8pm to bring the competition to a close.

Further details including ticket information will follow in due course.

Arsenal Football Club has announced it is reluctantly postponing its proposed trip to Nigeria this summer.

The Club has taken the decision as a result of complexities linked to the planned game against Nigeria on Saturday, August 5 in Abuja.

Arsenal marketing director Angus Kinnear said: "Bringing a top-level club to an international market is always complicated and logistically challenging. With the proposed match in Nigeria planned for early August, we could not get comfortable on everything needed to satisfy our requirements, so we have reluctantly taken the decision to postpone the team’s visit."

Kinnear continued: “We have a huge and loyal following in Africa, and we are sorry that the team will not be visiting this summer. However, we have a long-term commitment to Nigeria and we are already making plans for a visit next summer.

"In addition, we also have some exciting forthcoming activities planned with our commercial partners in Nigeria - Emirates, Airtel and Malta Guinness, which will kick off in the next few weeks.”

Emirates are the presenting partner of the Arsenal 2012 Tour and Boutros Boutros, divisional senior vice-president of corporate communications said: “Emirates shares Arsenal’s disappointment that the team’s visit to Nigeria has been postponed. We look forward to working with Arsenal to bring the Club closer to its loyal Nigerian fans through new initiatives over the coming months.”

All further updates on Arsenal’s future activities in Nigeria will be communicated on www.Arsenal.com.

Yeah nobody gives a sh*t so go fist yourself

My uncle has tickets to the Beijing match, he said its ridiculous the whole process of buying tickets.

The police are in charge of who gets tickets and sets the prices. At one point they were going from £80 but some of the cheaper tickets are around £55+, more expensive is hitting the £100+ mark, utterly insane.

However thats China for you.

Its tomorrow... Or is that the score in training?

No idea my app is messaging me we won each game 1-0 go to investigate says the match is tomorrow

No idea my app is messaging me we won each game 1-0 go to investigate says the match is tomorrow

LOL -

Hector Bellerin ‏@HectorBellerin

Has anybody got a link where i can see the Arsenal´s game please?

can't be life

this club takes the piss

Arsenal.com@Arsenal

Arsenal: Mannone, Meade, Santos, Eastmond, Lansbury, Ebecilio, Djourou ©, Coquelin, Gervinho, Aneke, Bartley.

Match against Southampton ended 1-1

Gervinho scored.

Southampton won 5-4 on pens but Arsenal still win the mini cup.

Read Andre Santos played upfront lol

1st trophy of the season, well played lads.

Already won more than Tottenham in last 7 years lol

Match against Southampton ended 1-1

Gervinho scored.

Lol gervy so predictable.

I have a good feeling about him this season though.

I have a good feeling about him this season though.

Imagine if he bags 15-20 goals