Pre-Season 2012/13: Arsenal to play Manchester City in Beijing//Markus Liebherr Memorial Cup

TF S4DK

Arsenal: Mannone, Jenkinson, Vermaelen ©, Djourou, Gibbs, Diaby, Arteta, Coquelin, Santos, Gervinho, Chamakh.

Substitutes: Szczesny, Fabianski, Bartley, Miquel, Yennaris, Eastmond, Song, Eisfeld, Aneke, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ryo, Afobe.

Starts in 5mins on ESPN.

Good result given the circumstances.

Aneke looks to have a future with us, he showed Champions League level ability with his one-touch interplay.

Afobe could put pressure on Giroud this year - even though he was match fit from U19 he looked Drogba'esque.

Esfield's physique impressed me, looks strong, quick and has excellent movement - could be another great find.

Oxlade fresh from the Euros put in an honest display and will be the driving force for us.

Miguel could be a strong contender for first team places this year

The rest understandably found it hard.

Good result

• Downvote 1

Arsenal's official squad numbers for the 2012/13 season have been confirmed.

New signing Olivier Giroud has been allocated the No 12 shirt while Wojciech Szczesny will wear the No 1 shirt in the wake of Manuel Almunia's departure.

The shirt number of Lukas Podolski, who joined the Club from Cologne, has yet to be confirmed, but Francis Coquelin has taken No 22 while Kyle Bartley will wear No 35.

Please note: some players have been allocated different shirt numbers for the duration of the 2012 Arsenal Tour, presented by Emirates.

Squad numbers:

1 Wojciech Szczesny

2 Abou Diaby

3 Bacary Sagna

4 Per Mertesacker

5 Thomas Vermaelen

6 Laurent Koscielny

7 Tomas Rosicky

8 Mikel Arteta

9 Ju Young Park

10 Robin van Persie

11 Andre Santos

12 Olivier Giroud

14 Theo Walcott

15 Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

16 Aaron Ramsey

17 Alex Song

18 Sebastien Squillaci

19 Jack Wilshere

20 Johan Djourou

21 Lukasz Fabianski

22 Francis Coquelin

23 Andrey Arshavin

24 Vito Mannone

25 Carl Jenkinson

26 Emmanuel Frimpong

27 Gervinho

28 Kieran Gibbs

29 Marouane Chamakh

31 Ryo

35 Kyle Bartley

52 Nicklas Bendtner

TBC Lukas Podolski

Mikel Arteta has set his sights on surpassing last season's goal tally when the new campaign gets underway.

The Spaniard notched eight goals in all during 2011/12 - including two for Everton - but he wants to contribute more from midfield this time around.

"Last year I scored eight - all in the Premier League - so this time I want double figures. Hopefully I can do that, more than ten goals would be quite good I think," he said.

Arteta, whose tally last season included the winning goal the last time Arsenal met Manchester City, is eagerly awaiting this Friday's match against the Premier League champions at the famous 'Bird's Nest' stadium.

"We want to win because that gives you confidence not only for the next games, but also for the work we are doing in training. If we can win on Friday it will obviously be important, though it's not the main thing.

"The main thing is to get the fitness going, and put together the work we have been doing in training out in the game. If we can win too, that would be a plus."

Few things my uncle said about the City game in 'Jing. Far more Arsenal supporters than City, a lot of the time they were calling the ref a "Shar bee" which means "Stupid c*nt" you think 60,000 fans standing and pointing then calling you a stupid c*nt. Good game, good atmosphere, Theo looked off the pace but enjoyable game overall.