Teenager who killed pensioner with a single punch as he tried to put out fire during the London riots is named

Vertigo

I could swear they already named him and showed his face? But anyway his business and his mums is all over the mail this morning the headline should have read 'When keeping it 'real' goes wrong part 1084957373'

article-2113929-12255ajzrr.jpg

This is the 17-year-old rioter who killed a 'hero' bystander as he tried to put out fires at the height of last summer’s riots. Powerfully built Darrel Desuze, known to his friends as 'Smokey', punched Richard Mannington Bowes, 68, knocking him to the ground and leaving him with brain damage after he banged his head on the pavement in Haven Green, Ealing, west London. The 68-year-old was attacked at about 10.30pm on August 8 after being surrounded by a group of youths. He never regained consciousness and died in hospital three days later.

The photograph of Mr Mannington Bowes' unconscious body lying unconscious on the pavement became one of the most shocking images of last summer's riots.

article-2025079-0d6787qltp.jpg

Desuze, who admitted manslaughter and violent disorder but denied murder, can now be named after an order banning his identification was lifted at Inner London Crown Court.

Brian Altman, QC, prosecuting, today announced that his pleas were acceptable to the Crown. Mr Justice Saunders then lifted an order previously banning publication of his name. The killer, of Hounslow, west London, previously admitted burgling an Ealing branch of Tesco Express, William Hill bookmakers, a Thai restaurant called Fat Boys, and a Blockbuster store. His mother Lavinia Desuze, 31, is to stand trial accused of perverting the course of justice by hampering the police investigation into Mr Bowes’ death next week. Lavinia, a student at South Bank University, is alleged to have destroyed and disposed of clothing her son wore, and an Adidas bag, on the night of the attack. She remained in the dock next to her son today as Mr Altman opened the case.

article-2113929-12254a3zow.jpg

Brian Altman QC, prosecuting, said on the evening of the killing Desuze, known as Smokey, set off for Harrow with friends. But they headed to Ealing after getting a text from someone anticipating trouble there. Wearing a 'robbers and villains' jumper Desuze had already been on a looting spree when he encountered Mr Mannington Bowes who was trying to quell the flames being set by rioters. Just a handful of police had gone to the area to reports of looting. They were quickly overwhelmed by the mob and had to call in back-up. There was a stand-off between police and rioters on Spring Bridge Road in Ealing at the time of the tragedy and around 70 youths were lobbing missiles at officers.

As Mr Mannington Bowes remonstrated with the group and tried to stamp out a fire in a bin Desuze felled punched him in the face and he fell smashing his head on the pavement. The barrister said left-handed Desuze threw his full weight behind a punch to Mr Bowes's jaw, buckling his legs, knocking him unconscious and backwards where his head took the full force of impact on the road.

In a recording of voices recovered by police someone is heard shouting at the scene: 'What the f*** are you doing? No no, he is an old man.'

The pensioner, of Haven Green, Ealing, lay motionless on the floor as blood came from his ear and by-standers and police who were being pelted with missiles rushed to his aid.

article-2024839-0d5f33ifuc.jpg

So not only has he f*cked his life up. His probably f*cked his mums up as well.

Sad to see she had him so young and managed to make something out of her life, then the thing she sacrificed everything for goes and does this to her.

Everybody knows not to involve family in stuff like this if it ever comes to it smh

/

Heard the kid wern't even build like that, just a sheep who wanted to impress people

Imagine being killed because a yout wanted to look bad infront of his friends/olders

>>>>>>>>>> Life

• Downvote 2

Guest chap44uns

I could swear they already named him and showed his face? But anyway his business and his mums is all over the mail this morning the headline should have read 'When keeping it 'real' goes wrong part 1084957373'

article-2113929-12255ajzrr.jpg

This is the 17-year-old rioter who killed a 'hero' bystander as he tried to put out fires at the height of last summer’s riots. Powerfully built Darrel Desuze, known to his friends as 'Smokey', punched Richard Mannington Bowes, 68, knocking him to the ground and leaving him with brain damage after he banged his head on the pavement in Haven Green, Ealing, west London. The 68-year-old was attacked at about 10.30pm on August 8 after being surrounded by a group of youths. He never regained consciousness and died in hospital three days later.

The photograph of Mr Mannington Bowes' unconscious body lying unconscious on the pavement became one of the most shocking images of last summer's riots.

Desuze, who admitted manslaughter and violent disorder but denied murder, can now be named after an order banning his identification was lifted at Inner London Crown Court.

Brian Altman, QC, prosecuting, today announced that his pleas were acceptable to the Crown. Mr Justice Saunders then lifted an order previously banning publication of his name. The killer, of Hounslow, west London, previously admitted burgling an Ealing branch of Tesco Express, William Hill bookmakers, a Thai restaurant called Fat Boys, and a Blockbuster store. His mother Lavinia Desuze, 31, is to stand trial accused of perverting the course of justice by hampering the police investigation into Mr Bowes’ death next week. Lavinia, a student at South Bank University, is alleged to have destroyed and disposed of clothing her son wore, and an Adidas bag, on the night of the attack. She remained in the dock next to her son today as Mr Altman opened the case.

article-2113929-12254a3zow.jpg

Brian Altman QC, prosecuting, said on the evening of the killing Desuze, known as Smokey, set off for Harrow with friends. But they headed to Ealing after getting a text from someone anticipating trouble there. Wearing a 'robbers and villains' jumper Desuze had already been on a looting spree when he encountered Mr Mannington Bowes who was trying to quell the flames being set by rioters. Just a handful of police had gone to the area to reports of looting. They were quickly overwhelmed by the mob and had to call in back-up. There was a stand-off between police and rioters on Spring Bridge Road in Ealing at the time of the tragedy and around 70 youths were lobbing missiles at officers.

As Mr Mannington Bowes remonstrated with the group and tried to stamp out a fire in a bin Desuze felled punched him in the face and he fell smashing his head on the pavement. The barrister said left-handed Desuze threw his full weight behind a punch to Mr Bowes's jaw, buckling his legs, knocking him unconscious and backwards where his head took the full force of impact on the road.

In a recording of voices recovered by police someone is heard shouting at the scene: 'What the f*** are you doing? No no, he is an old man.'

The pensioner, of Haven Green, Ealing, lay motionless on the floor as blood came from his ear and by-standers and police who were being pelted with missiles rushed to his aid.

article-2024839-0d5f33ifuc.jpg

So not only has he f*cked his life up. His probably f*cked his mums up as well.

1780549-shakehead.gif

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Guest petercrotch

Hmm this all seems fishy to me .

Usually you aren't allowed to name and shame anyone under the age of 18 for a serious crime so why is this so different ?

The dude that got killed does not look like an angel to me either

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 22

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

Guy was putting out a fire hardly sounds like a c*nt imo

Swear for anything to do with the riots they using maximum sentences and all that

Probably named him as an example etc

• Upvote 1

Guest petercrotch

Hmm this all seems fishy to me .

Usually you aren't allowed to name and shame anyone under the age of 18 for a serious crime so why is this so different ?

The dude that got killed does not look like an angel to me either

you make me sick

Thats the problem with you mugs . You believe everything what the media tells you .

Are you honestly telling me this guy don't look like a maniac .

Richard-Mannington-Bowes-007.jpg

If this was a white yout it would be

" grade a student cleared of murdering thug"

But because he's black it's

"thug found guilty of murdering pensioner"

• Downvote 10

Do you know what genocide is you inconsiderate fool

And the whole black race kills each other because they simply think it is kool yeah?

Ok

Im sure you will get far in life mate

This is mere self reflection posted on an internet forum. I obviously don't think what you suggest, but there is a sickness among a vast amount of black youth, in varying degrees, that cannot be healed by dusting it under the rug with 'well they're not all like that'.

These kids need a sense of racial pride instilled in them, but first they need to realise how much they're letting the black race down.

And the whole black race kills each other because they simply think it is kool yeah?

Ok

This is mere self reflection posted on an internet forum. I obviously don't think what you suggest, but there is a sickness among a vast amount of black youth, in varying degrees, that cannot be healed by dusting it under the rug with 'well they're not all like that'.

These kids need a sense of racial pride instilled in them, but first they need to realise how much they're letting the black race down.

I wrote a serious reply but then I realized your part of the venom/justin crew

• Upvote 1

Ok

I wrote a serious reply but then I realized your part of the venom/justin crew

Good cop out I suppose, there's no real counter to the truth I speak.

I have no affiliation with venom, he's just some faggot who follows me around.

And Justin..Meh, interacted with him like 4 times since RWD.

• Downvote 1

can pple stop mentioning me and petercrotch and peado doom in the same sentence

i am far more rational than them..

and also a far better Tr0ll when i want to be.

This is one of those cases where.... if there was a jesse jackson/Al sharpton in the UK

after learning about this case, He should instruct his PA to say he's not in the office for at least 2 weeks

take no calls from no one on either side..

theres no excuse, dont matter he's black cos plenty whiteys are murking off elders in similar stupid circumstances

of course in this case the accused's race will be suitably emphasised to fit the stereotype.regardless, i would still want to go and tump him in the face the c*nt.. and i think ive seen his mum before at SBU

• Downvote 1