Brian Belo>>>>>>

The Somalian

Is this the video that proves TOWIE was originally Brian from Big Brother's idea? Yes, you read that right p

Weirdest story of the day: Brian Belo is suing Lime Pictures and ITV for allegedly stealing his idea 'Totally Essex' and, er, there's a pretty damning video to back him up

BRIAN+BELO.jpg Brian Belo: winner of Big Brother and TOWIE?

REX

Brian Belo, the winner of Big Brother 8, is suing the makers of The Only Way Is Essex for supposedly nicking his idea. And before you snort loudly in disgust at his ridiculous money-making wily ways, keep reading.

According to Holy Moly he claimed he was going to start legal proceedings last year and everyone completely ignored him - but he actually has. A couple of days ago he filed his suit at the High Court and the Financial Times have reported that his case "alleges breach of copyright and breach of confidence, and claims they have reproduced or adapted part of a format that he created with two companies, Sassy Films and Massive TV, for a show called Totally Essex '.

Er, have a look at the video below.

Recognise anyone? Shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut up!

ITV and Lime Pictures have released this in response: "The Only Way Is Essex is an original concept created and developed by an award-winning team at Lime Pictures.

"Brian Belo's claim against Lime and ITV is totally without foundation and will be vigorously defended. The creative team at Lime Pictures is very proud of TOWIE and the notion that it was not entirely their own work is a serious allegation which is completely refuted."

BRIAN+BELO.jpg

Even the jockey on his shirt looks surprised

REX

Wow.

Because we're too scared to say anything else for fear of getting ourselves embroiled in the court-related shenanigans, let's all watch that bit of the video where Sam Faiers crawls across the weird zebra-print bed thing again. Amazing.

http://www.mirror.co...pictures-773743

Someone post the Brians vid I am at work

Brian bello is a top lad plays bit of an ass but makes him p

I want my son to be like him role model to all blacks in this country.

Far from it. Giving up all your heritage to feel more accepted by whitey is not something to be proud of.

Can't tell you how many 'Brians' I've met in the suburbs, breaks my heart.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

He lives in Essex an was brought up by whites allow him u can see he just wants to be like his mates and fit in I'm sure he is aware he is navy blue

/

So why has he waited this longto speak on this? Swear the show has been on a while now

He lives in Essex an was brought up by whites allow him u can see he just wants to be like his mates and fit in I'm sure he is aware he is navy blue

/

So why has he waited this longto speak on this? Swear the show has been on a while now

Talking about this with a women at work she also said why did he take so long to have a writ when show is coming into its 5th series.

But if man does get the £4 million he is set. No

More of them big mouth/bit on the side antics

/

I'm sure his legal representative has told him to keep it under wraps...

peeeeeeeeeeeeeeak

this is a blatant open/shut case imo....guys got solid evidence.

don't think anyone on here is clued up enough on copyright legislation regarding tv show concepts to be makin such claims

it'd really please me to see this guy come out as some misunderstood marketing genius tho

even if TOWIE is yet another nail in the coffin of teenage decency