Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mame Biram Diouf

One Last Big Move For Huntelaar This Summer?

3 posts in this topic

Klaas-Jan-Huntelaar.jpg

Schalke appear in danger of losing prolific striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar after the Dutchman revealed he has decided to put off contract negotiations until after Euro 2012.

Huntelaar, 28, netted his 39th and 40th goals of the season as Schalke beat Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday to climb above Borussia Monchengladbach into third place in the Bundesliga table.

The Netherlands international has been in sensational form this season, but with his contract set to expire in 2013, Schalke could be at risk of losing him on the cheap after the Euros - or even on a free transfer next summer.

"There will be time to gather my thoughts after the season,'' Huntelaar told Bild. "Before then, I want to focus on scoring goals and not let myself be distracted at the European Championships.''

Huntelaar, whose career has been reignited in Germany after disappointing spells in Spain and Italy, has been linked with Manchester United, Bayern Munich and Juventus in recent weeks and Schalke will be worried that an impressive showing in Poland and Ukraine could spark a fight for his signature.

40 goals this season 38 games is f*ck*ng disgusting.

If he has a sick Euros surely he will be on the move but were would he go?

He will be 29 by the start of next season so he is in his peak right now.

Would he be good enough to be 3rd/4th choice at a club like Man Utd or leading the line for Tottenham etc?

Tottenham would actually be a good shout, latter stages of his career he isn't going to demand ridiculous wages, and he'll (possibly) have champions league football. Does anyone else see Adebayor staying at Tottenham at the end of the season? I don't.

Ade is on 150k a week or something ridiculous

no chance