So Nasri's First Season At City Is Coming To An End...

Mame Biram Diouf

Manchester-City-v-Norwich-Samir-Nasri_2686401.jpg

Everyone Arsenal fan I have spoken to thinks overall he has been sh*t, not had enough game time and his game has gone backwards.

So far this season he has 36 games, 5 goals and 7 assists compared with 46 games, 15 goals, 5 assists the season before.

Obviously stats does not show everything especially as Im sure like 3/4 of those 7 assists came at the start of the season.

But he does seem to be settling in still and getting used to not being the main man and playing with world class players.

But if they sign Hazard surely he will be f*cked? LOL but if they don't I can see him kicking on next season and being very dangerous

He does seem more of a team player and more mature this season IMO

Thoughts?

Samir Nasri has justified playing fewer games since his move to Manchester City by claiming he was overplayed at Arsenal.

Speaking to Canal +, the France international reportedly said: "At Arsenal, I played too much. I score less than at Arsenal, but I don't have the same role."

He went on to say that he has become a better player at the Etihad Stadium following his £24million move last summer: "I came here to win the title, play at the highest level and I'm improving."

Manchester-City-v-Norwich-Samir-Nasri_2686401.jpg

Everyone Arsenal fan I have spoken to thinks overall he has been sh*t, not had enough game time and his game has gone backwards.

So far this season he has 36 games, 5 goals and 7 assists compared with 46 games, 15 goals, 5 assists the season before.

Obviously stats does not show everything especially as Im sure like 3/4 of those 7 assists came at the start of the season.

But he does seem to be settling in still and getting used to not being the main man and playing with world class players.

But if they sign Hazard surely he will be f*cked? LOL but if they don't I can see him kicking on next season and being very dangerous

He does seem more of a team player and more mature this season IMO

Thoughts?

I think those stats would be better if they showed how many times he's been subbed or started on the bench

He rarely seems to start games for Man City

• Upvote 2

if his stats dont improve next season, hell be replaced by hazard type player and sold/ loaned out to tottenham

there are countless examples of players who just never quite had the same form after they left Wenger

hleb, flammini, henry, anelka, pires, vierra adebayor etc

Some of you man are salty. He's obviously a quality.

Nasri >>> Gervinho.

Nas may have more technical quality and abilities, but overall Gervinho has done better, than Samir had done, in his first season of english football

obviously Nas was younger when he joined, but tbh they are both players who will go missing in important games,

Nobody is disputing his footballing ability & credentials

He's just the type of player that appears to not have that special mindset to raise his game to match his technical ability week in, week out

Which to me counts for a lot more than pure ability on the pitch

Some wack guys have made a name for themselves in the English game simply because they can tap in to their minds and give it all for 100%, if they had Nasri mentality they would be any non-league ballers

You just need to look and the shithouses that the media cry out to get an international call up every season

The PL is full of them

• Upvote 1

Nasri had people gassed over two good months.

Nasri is a good footballer but not good enough for City(if they are aiming to be number one but he isn't the only one)

Hazard>>>Nasri and plus he is probably the less talented out of Class 87 (Benzema/Ben Arfa/Menez)

So far he has had one good game and scored a few important goals that's about it

Guest petercrotch

I would take nasri in a heartbeat . In fact he was within hours of singing for us before the bastards tapped him up and offered him 40 k more .

Anyway he's so underatted its un real .

Sometimes its not the stats that counts , he can hold up the ball very well .

And creates alot of goal scoring oppertunitys for others but sometimes its the strikers who don't take them