Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hotsauce

Electric Cigarettes

8 posts in this topic

So ive been trying to quit smoking, tried the nicotine gum, spray, patches. Didnt really help much tbh. A friend of mine had an electric cigarette, he let me borrow it for a few days and it actually did stop me from craving a cigarette until I had to give it back. Had a shisha taste to it but with the hit an actual cigarette gives you.

Anyone else use/have used these before? Managed to quit? Thinking of ordering one but £70 is a bump, but would save money in the long run if you're a regular smoker. Madness how on point I felt after stopping for a few days, so much healthier.

Honestly I find the best way to quit is gradual moderation. Cut down on your smoking little by little, it's a struggle for the first few days but then you adapt to it. Then you cut down a little again etc etc.

In my view a smoker will always be a smoker, in the sense that at any time no matter how long has passed he/she is capable of starting up again. In my view the above comment is right, strength of will and gradually moderating how much you smoke so as to reduce your dependency on the hand to mouth and frequency of cig breaks.

If you are looking for a temp stop gap then electric cigs are the best NRT method I have used. Unfortunately I started again but quite easily stopped smoking for 6 months using these (started new job, got stressed, started again).

I am about to get back on these because they are that good.

Do not go for e-lites. They are shite, I made the mistake of buying these, they taste like sh*t, their cumbersome to put the cartridges and their customer services is bullshit.

If you want to get on these try www.greensmoke.co.uk

They have a range of flavours, strengths and the kits are well made and durable in comparison with the elites.

saw these on offer in todays metro for £25

In my view a smoker will always be a smoker, in the sense that at any time no matter how long has passed he/she is capable of starting up again.

I don't think that's true.

I mean, anybody could start smoking therefore everybody = a smoker?

Guy at work bought one in Tesco for £20, it recharges and you change the 'filters' when you stop getting a hit (equivalent to 20 cigarettes). He has gone from 40 a day to around 15 with using it.

Somebody explain to me why tobacco is legal and marijuana is illegal.

Why quit? sh*t feels good yo. ;)