Funny how life can change in a week

SHOCK

Congrats bro,

Family members can be vultures when they want to be, I think it's best to use your discretion to hand pick those whom you know to deserve it in relation to their relationship with your grand ma first, then you second.

Don't feel obliged to spill a penny to someone who you've never seen/heard from your whole life bar a few family meet ups

• Upvote 1

Congrats bro,

Family members can be vultures when they want to be, I think it's best to use your discretion to hand pick those whom you know to deserve it in relation to their relationship with your grand ma first, then you second.

Don't feel obliged to spill a penny to someone who you've never seen/heard from your whole life bar a few family meet ups

This.

How much of the family know?

Congrats bro,

This.

How much of the family know?

Only my immediate family know right now i.e. mum, dad and sister. But will have to tell the aunties and uncles sooner rather than later. Luckily my dad is the boss of the family so no one can chat sh*t to meh.

Did your parents get anything?

/

How come no inheritance tax, thought it was around 300k and up was the threshold.

My grandad gave my dad land in jamaica before so he passed didnt get nothing.

The house got signed over 4 years ago but i only found out yesterday

Did your parents get anything?

/

How come no inheritance tax, thought it was around 300k and up was the threshold.

My grandad gave my dad land in jamaica before so he passed didnt get nothing.

The house got signed over 4 years ago but i only found out yesterday

Thats sick, u must be super happs right now.

Should flip the 600 from the house into 3 flats, keep 1 for yourself and rent the other 2 out.

It's easy to say cop properties but some thought and strategy should go into it before becoming a landlord, not to say he doesn't know but yeah.

Search for potential housing asset growth areas like Stratford and new housing developments and try get yards on auction, homes under the hammer-esque.

Besides that though, some conspicuous consumption must be happening what will your first selfish buy be?

When all paper work goes through and i pay some fees etc then im gona pay some of my parents mortgage off. The first purchase im going to invest into is education, courses, seminars, books, networking clubs, events. Once im on a clear path and have passive income ima cop a M3 straight off the forecourt, but thats not for now. Never gona be the nicca in the club throwing money and wasting it on champagne and image.

• Upvote 4

Congrats. I'm happy for you.

You must feel over the moon but with slight pressure? Sounds like she past the family torch onto to you to run with & hopefully expand.

Your late granmother reminds me of my wife's granmother who past away last year. She was also came from JA with nothing from those early times. It's amazing what she managed to achieve & consequently left for her family.

/

When her will was read out people's true colours came out tho. It was very sad to watch but :lol: @ family members who never/rarely checked for her coming out of the wood works & expecting hand outs.