Substitute Referee's

mark_INIESTA_davies

What's your opinion on this?

Was speaking to a mate at Lunch time over the possibilities that there should be three match referees on the Match Day Program of which two are substitutes.

Either Manager will have the opportunity to change the referee once at any point during the game.

The innovation then led onto the possibility of having two separate referees each refereeing a half.

Your thoughts?

Imo poor decisions are part & parcel, I don't want any live video reviewing of incidents goals red cards

What I WOULD like, is for FIFA / The FA to use some common sense, I understand they do not want to undermine referee's, but sometimes it has to be done, the referees and the FA themselves would come out with a lot more respect if they looked at an incident, lets say Balotellis stamp on Song for example, and banned him, letting something like that slide because the referee gave a freekick for it is unacceptable.

There also needs to be an overhaul of the review of incidents in which red cards are given for violent conduct, I fully understand that it is not done for decisions such as Sean Derry which would directly relate to the referee's personal interpretation of the foul / challenge, but when something like the Balo / Song challenge occurs, the referee OBVIOUSLY did not see what happened

Similarly for things like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciLCdyC4VgA

His reaction afterward was excessive but his red for violent conduct was the product of an outrageous dive and caused him to miss the CL final

I don't mind that mistakes are made in game, it's part of human nature and its acceptable, but doing nothing about it afterward isn't

Hence why I like the concept wenger put forward

If it ain't a goal and it's given etc. then managers can no longer complain as much because they were given the chance to contest it and maybe squandered their 'challenges' or whatever earlier on in the game

And if each manager has 2 each I think that would be quite enough to cover major poor decisions in the game for both sides

Init. They would start using challenges tactically.

I only want technology for goal line. That's black and white if it's a goal or not. Everything else leave to human errors. The players make mistakes in every game and so will the refs.

Agree with cipher though about stronger repercussions after games for players and refs who have made big mistakes.

This aint Tennis. Or NFL. Or any other sport where there is regular stop and starts and breaks. Challenges would not work.

Trust, don't want the game stopping every 2 minutes, may aswell run an advert break for mountain dew while we're at it

I would also like decisions explained.

This would be nice but I understand why from the FA perspective it's an undesirable option, hanging referee's out to dry after the make calls is something they'd want to avoid, nooone will want to blow the whistle.

So what if one challenge each half per manager, I think you guys are exaggerating this.

A quick reference to video footage for a controversial decision and the grounds for it to be overturned/not.

Misuse of the challenges to break up play can be prohibited if there is no valid grounds to challenge.