Sports that can be applied to real life Vs. Football, Rugby, Cricket etc

Guest Chelsea Jack

Guest Chelsea Jack

I'm a huge fan of martial art sports and athletics but i have never understood why people are so OBSESSED with football, rugby, cricket, etc

How do these games apply to real life?

Say for instance u were the world heavyweight UFC champ and stuck on a desert island with a group of people you would be a top guy, or if there's trouble in a rave u will hold it down more than most if u can say kickbox at a semi decent level

same way if som1s coming after Usain Bolt u kno he will be off in a matter of seconds and no1s catching him

all of the skills learned in martial arts or athletics can be applied to real life

for all his skill, how far will messi's footballing abilities take him? (im not counting financial here)

What is the point of say football and rugby? What do the players and teams really achieve other than recognition from a bunch of fat f*ck*ng idiots?

maybe im just missing something here, but as i have grown older and more cynical i have stopped liking these game sports and been more interested in sh*t like weight-lifting, athletics, MMA and boxing

realistically its all down to opinions i suppose, but i would like your thoughts

cheers

x

stupid thread, sport isnt there to help u in "real life", its for fun, for competition etc

and if we are talking about how it would help in a desert island, i dont think you'd need to be fighting much, who will u be fighting exactly? a snake? the fitness/strength/stamina gained from most sports would be just as much use on a desert island as fighting skills.