What does this whole race thing mean for you and your future family?

o-guy

reasons why i don't view mixed race people as black

1. i think the whole "lump them all together" mentallity comes from the post-slavery era, where being white was considered to be pure, one drop of black blood means your no longer pure, thus u are black. In other words it took more to be considered white than it did to be considered black. It's racist.

2. they actually are just as much white as they are black, so i actually see no reason y u should choose to acknowledge one side more than the other.

3. mixed race people like obama. Born to a white upper class family. Black dad wasn't really around. His background is actually white middle american. I'm sure he went through certain racial struggles too, but i feel him coming from a white influential family, probably means his struggle was not the same, as your average black mans. Granted that's probably more of a class issue than race, but i feel the point still stands.

c/s

So you would lay down and sleep with a white women but not have children with her what kind of fucked up logic is that. White women are being used as pieces of meat. Can't see the difference between this and them Asian men who use white women/girls for sex (apart from the age tong involved )

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

So you would lay down and sleep with a white women but not have children with her what kind of f*cked up logic is that

when did i say that?

in fact i'm pretty sure i said i would have no problem marrying and starting a family with a white woman

i just would't lie to myself and say i have a black family

it would be interracial

But for every 1 Obama, there are fifty thousand Ms. Dynamite's.

yeah but rather than call obama white

and ms dynamite black

i would rather just call them both mixed race

So would you think mixed race people have a say in the black community, and black issues, or not?

I think the issue goes further than simply referring to someone as black, it's what that referral means.

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

So you would lay down and sleep with a white women but not have children with her what kind of fucked up logic is that

I suppose some may say it's flipping one to the White man fucking his women

But they don't actually want to be seen as a sell out by breeding one

Also I think black men find White women less threatening and powerful as black women so feel they can dominate them more in the relationship

• Downvote 1

Goddaz, again strong post how do u feel the same way about mixed girls? i personally don't view mixed race people as black
If we talking mixed race = black & white getting together then generally speaking I view them as black. How can you not? Visually if you stand a mix race person amongst a group of white people to me they look more black than not & I believe western society sees them as black too. Colour wise rarely do you I hear or read mixed race people being described as not black. They may put it in the details but the headlines are never says 'Mixed race...''. Also, there are a lot of brothers who are light/similar/same complexion as mixed race people. Would you view them as not black as you view mixed race people as not black? For the record I HATE pointing out colour differences amongst ourselves (black people). So dumb. Imo those in power & western society in general see us as one colour, black & see themselves as one. Why don't we ffs.
"Western society sees them as black" No disrespect to you because you have been speaking some real talk but just because the white man says they are black does not mean they are black because lets keep it real when sh*t gets deep mixed race people are not going to stand up tall and diss their white heritage ,i,e their mother ,brothers,grans,sisters for you ,me or any other black person

Your misunderstanding me & bringing up something I haven't said but I'll address your point.

Since when did this notion of 'how I consider myself' matter in the grand scheme of things? Let's take a bait example. Is Obama known as the first mixed race president of America? Let's go back further. You think mixed race people didn't get beaten, raped, tortured & killed same way black people did because they considered themselves half white?

Whether mixed race people choose to take more to their white side or black side or stay in the middle doesn't matter but one thing I'm sure about is sooner or later they'll find out the realities we live in & it's got nothing to do with how they view themselves or which side they 'diss' as you put it.

1. i think the whole "lump them all together" mentallity comes from the post-slavery era, where being white was considered to be pure, one drop of black blood means you're no longer pure, thus u are black. In other words it took more to be considered white than it did to be considered black. It's racist.

2. they actually are just as much white as they are black, so i actually see no reason y u should choose to acknowledge one side more than the other.

3. mixed race people like obama. Born to a white upper class family. Black dad wasn't really around. His background is actually white middle american. I'm sure he went through certain racial struggles too, but i feel him coming from a white influential family, probably means his struggle was not the same, as your average black mans. Granted that's probably more of a class issue than race, but i feel the point still stands.

One drop rule came before slavery ended, firstly to stop the children of rape from being considered legt heirs and secondly to increase the number of slaves. Thomas Jefferson had slaves who, in that time period, were considered legally white (1/32th black) .

And Obama has been on this race ting from day dot. Seen his old lectures at Harvard. Thats why all the white racist conservatives are(/were) scared.

+ he has a black wife and refers to himself as black/African American.

Goddaz, again strong post how do u feel the same way about mixed girls? i personally don't view mixed race people as black
If we talking mixed race = black & white getting together then generally speaking I view them as black. How can you not? Visually if you stand a mix race person amongst a group of white people to me they look more black than not & I believe western society sees them as black too. Colour wise rarely do you I hear or read mixed race people being described as not black. They may put it in the details but the headlines are never says 'Mixed race...''. Also, there are a lot of brothers who are light/similar/same complexion as mixed race people. Would you view them as not black as you view mixed race people as not black? For the record I HATE pointing out colour differences amongst ourselves (black people). So dumb. Imo those in power & western society in general see us as one colour, black & see themselves as one. Why don't we ffs.
"Western society sees them as black" No disrespect to you because you have been speaking some real talk but just because the white man says they are black does not mean they are black because lets keep it real when sh*t gets deep mixed race people are not going to stand up tall and diss their white heritage ,i,e their mother ,brothers,grans,sisters for you ,me or any other black person

Your misunderstanding me & bringing up something I haven't said but I'll address your point.

Since when did this notion of 'how I consider myself' matter in the grand scheme of things? Let's take a bait example. Is Obama known as the first mixed race president of America? Let's go back further. You think mixed race people didn't get beaten, raped, tortured & killed same way black people did because they considered themselves half white?

Whether mixed race people choose to take more to their white side or black side or stay in the middle doesn't matter but one thing I'm sure about is sooner or later they'll find out the realities we live in & it's got nothing to do with how they view themselves or which side they 'diss' as you put it.

1. i think the whole "lump them all together" mentallity comes from the post-slavery era, where being white was considered to be pure, one drop of black blood means you're no longer pure, thus u are black. In other words it took more to be considered white than it did to be considered black. It's racist.

One drop rule came before slavery ended, firstly to stop the children of rape from being considered legt heirs and secondly to increase the number of slaves. Thomas Jefferson had slaves who, in that time period, were considered legally white (1/32th black) .

And Obama has been on this race ting from day dot. Seen his old lectures at Harvard. Thats why all the white racist conservatives are(/were) scared.

the first paragraph - doesn't take away from what i said, just adds to it (and corrects regarding the point of origin)

the second para - there are many white people who are also in touch with racial issues

third para - he has the right to do all those things, i personally the question of race is a factual one. If your half white and half black, i personally would't think of you as just black or just white.

It's simple for me. Just beat it, end of.

Everyday I'm/we are being attacked whether you choose to acknowledge it or not by those in power so I will defend myself. One of the MAIN two ways to defend yourself imo as a minority of people is keeping the numbers up/reproducing and economically circulating the wealth in whatever form it takes amongst us and not outside. Marrying & reproducing outside your own race will always take away.

I don't know why I was browsing through OK magazine last week when I went dentist but I decided to look through Richard Branson's daughter's wedding pictures. Not that was looking for it but I NEVER saw a single black person, not even a mixed race person. It's not like I think they should be. The point is powerful/high net worth/rich groups be it white/Chinese/Indian/jews etc DON'T MARRY OUTSIDE/REPRODUCE OUTSIDE THEIR RACE. If they do it's a VERY rare thing.

Take any powerful elite groups. Going outside your race rarely happen but do the same with black people in western society & it's high even at the bottom end of the social ladder.

If we (black folk) thought of ourselves as a nation/country we'd be a better place.

f*ck LOVE. IT'S A GAME & WE BLACK PEOPLE AIN'T PLAYING TO WIN. THE MAJORITY ARE PLAYING TO BE ACCEPTED & THAT'S A LOOSE LOOSE SITUATION WHICHEVER WAY YOU TALLY IT UP.

BANG ON

I typed up something so similar, people fail to see the big picture in all our ranting. Its only black people that sing kumbaya and are growingly passive when it comes to race even though we are the primary victims in this society. Is'nt that the realist of mind f*cks. Everybody else is playing the game whilst making their fortress' stronger. If your moving up the social ladder and are seeing less and less black people, this should make you think and act instead of just accepting and embracing it when deep down you hate it.

• Upvote 2

I do wonder what will happen when we have children (assuming i have children with the current mrs).

i expect my sons to follow the some of the same rights of passage as i did and partake in what i suppose you lot would describe as 'white' or perhaps 'irish' culture. i look forward to doing the kind of stuff me and my father did, and he and his father did, with them,

1. would people like peter and goddaz think less of them because they take after their father?

2. do you think a person's skin tone is so important that it supersedes the natural order of the family unit? that would be bizarre imo,

3. to my mind a mixed person is mixed. and sons favour their father and daughters their mother -provided a healthy family unit is maintained.

Firstly all my family going back to God knows when have been all black everything & I have continued that & my wife & I expect our children to do the same end of.

1. No

2. When time & time again colour has been one of the main reasons the family unit of black families have been broken up then yes. I want lie & only put all the blame on the door step of the 'white man' but let's not act like all is equal & black folk ain't being f*cked over on a daily basis.

3. Ok.

/

It's really f*ckED UP when white people take issue or try to disagree with black folk wanting to keep it all black when they do the exact same thing :/

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

the first paragraph - doesn't take away from what i said, just adds to it (and corrects regarding the point of origin)

the second para - there are many white people who are also in touch with racial issues

third para - he has the right to do all those things, i personally the question of race is a factual one. If your half white and half black, i personally would't think of you as just black or just white.

Yeah I'm agreeing with you in essence. The one drop rule did later become some kind of exclusivity factor to the white race, feeding into their own thoughts of superiority.

I meant pro-black, not just racially aware.

But this is what the possbly fictonal but nevertheless on point Willie Lynch envisioned. Dilute the blood of the African to varying degrees and then set them all against each other.

So you would lay down and sleep with a white women but not have children with her what kind of f*cked up logic is that

when did i say that?

in fact i'm pretty sure i said i would have no problem marrying and starting a family with a white woman

i just would't lie to myself and say i have a black family

it would be interracial

Was not aimed at you general question *(which I am getting negged for I better the people who negged me have slept with a white person before)

• Downvote 1

Lol at adhering to Americas racial classifications. America was and still is a racially f*cked society. Same idiots that coined the term Hispanic. Brazil, Latin Caribbean and South Africa all use completely different racial categorization policies. None of them are accurate. Regardless of how neeky it sounds, you have to take individual people as they come.

/

Speaking from a UK perspective, I dont see how you can justify excluding mixed race people from the Black ethnicity and then use blanket terms like black, as if too say we're a homogenous group of people.

• Upvote 3

Whatever reason you use to justify your view doesn't bother me nor does it fundamentally matter. If it did minorities won't be in the positions we find ourselves.

At the end of the day it comes down to basic human nature imo. We're more open & welcoming to similarities than differences.

• Downvote 1

Guest petercrotch

Lol at adhering to Americas racial classifications. America was and still is a racially f*cked society. Same idiots that coined the term Hispanic. Brazil, Latin Caribbean and South Africa all use completely different racial categorization policies. None of them are accurate. Regardless of how neeky it sounds, you have to take individual people as they come.

/

Speaking from a UK perspective, I dont see how you can justify excluding mixed race people from the Black ethnicity and then use blanket terms like black, as if too say we're a homogenous group of people.

Because they are not Black for crying out loud .

They are MIXED RACE .

@ goddaz would you go so far as to forbid your child from partnering/having a child with a person of a different race when the time comes? or would it be a case of stating your preference for them but respecting whatever decisions they should make?

MY CHILDREN WILL NOT BE MARRYING OR REPRODUCING OUTSIDE OF BLACK.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

/

wheel

WHEEL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

@ goddaz would you go so far as to forbid your child from partnering/having a child with a person of a different race when the time comes? or would it be a case of stating your preference for them but respecting whatever decisions they should make?

Why?

• Downvote 3

My Grandad spoke these words.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2