What does this whole race thing mean for you and your future family?

o-guy

@ goddaz would you go so far as to forbid your child from partnering/having a child with a person of a different race when the time comes? or would it be a case of stating your preference for them but respecting whatever decisions they should make?

MY CHILDREN WILL NOT BE MARRYING OR REPRODUCING OUTSIDE OF BLACK.

My Grandad spoke these words.

Does he love you?

• Downvote 3

@ goddaz would you go so far as to forbid your child from partnering/having a child with a person of a different race when the time comes? or would it be a case of stating your preference for them but respecting whatever decisions they should make?

Why?

:/

Don't insult me.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Lol at adhering to Americas racial classifications. America was and still is a racially f*cked society. Same idiots that coined the term Hispanic. Brazil, Latin Caribbean and South Africa all use completely different racial categorization policies. None of them are accurate. Regardless of how neeky it sounds, you have to take individual people as they come.

/

Speaking from a UK perspective, I dont see how you can justify excluding mixed race people from the Black ethnicity and then use blanket terms like black, as if too say we're a homogenous group of people.

Because they are not Black for crying out loud .

They are MIXED RACE .

What is black?

Course he did, its all well and good expressing what you wish for your children but in theory their happiness is most important and if they choose a white husband/wife it really isn't the end of the world.

That's good, some family members never learn to accept things though.

So your child can marry who they want aslong as they are black, you guys put to much emphasis on race, why do you choose to stay in a white mans country and not migrate? Much of my family have now moved back to Barbados as they wanted to be amongst black people. This reminds me of a convo I had with my God sister on christmas day about black people having children with white people me and my brother was having a fat 1 hour convo about this. She was saying it was wrong etc etc etc. Live your life man

• Upvote 5

Why?

:/

Don't insult me.

You stated something that is based on your prejudice and not on fact, as your kids have their own mind and choice. Hopefully they wont say silly things like what you just typed.

Love is love at the end of the day.

• Upvote 4

Guest petercrotch

So your child can marry who they want aslong as they are black, you guys put to much emphasis on race, why do you choose to stay in a white mans country and not migrate? Much of my family have now moved back to Barbados as they wanted to be amongst black people. This reminds me of a convo I had with my God sister on christmas day about black people having children with white people me and my brother was having a fat 1 hour convo about this. She was saying it was wrong etc etc etc. Live your life man

Well they haven't exactly left much for us in Africa have they

Well they haven't exactly left much for us in Africa have they

Have you even been to any part of Africa to come out with such a sweeping statement?

People have to much time on their hands to hate other races tbh. Look at Africa, many countries have had civil wars due to their slight physical differences, as there are many types of black people.

Rowanda 20 years ago and you would have two groups of black people hating each other.

SMH

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So your child can marry who they want aslong as they are black, you guys put to much emphasis on race, why do you choose to stay in a white mans country and not migrate? Much of my family have now moved back to Barbados as they wanted to be amongst black people. Live your life man

/thread

LOL

Justin comes across as one of those guys who dare I say can't "handle" black women (from the bits I take it).

Them guys that can't get a word in edgeways when the KMTs and off key looks come flying their way at the bar.

I draw any beautiful woman, regardless of race.

LOL @ being like you.

I dont see how you can justify excluding mixed race people from the Black ethnicity and then use blanket terms like black, as if too say we're a homogenous group of people.

Got a point tbh, been saying this. Like there is no 'asian community' that people outside it like to think of. Pakistanis, Indians, Bengalis etc stick to their own and disregard this term.

Its only natural for a father wanting their son to look like them, so people saying they don't want mixed race babies are right. but I think the main point of black men in high positions marrying white women due to an inferiority complex shouldn't just be over looked as love. Its deeper because it in numbers. According to the UK 2001 census, black British males were around 50% more likely than black females to marry outside their race.

Another point to raise, which is kind of off topic is

I think in our lifetimes, we classify ourselves as 'Black' far more than a white person would say 'I'm White'

Like you see those equal opportunities things you do when you apply for a job, or whenever you watch a documentary, have you ever noticed Africa is just Africa and the people are just Africans

We have been forced to adopt a blanket identity which has forced us to think in a certain way

Where a Polish person can say I will only marry Polski woman neeh

It's like you less often hear a black man say I will only marry X race of black person

I think in our lifetimes, we classify ourselves as 'Black' far more than a white person would say 'I'm White'

Like you see those equal opportunities things you do when you apply for a job, or whenever you watch a documentary, have you ever noticed Africa is just Africa and the people are just Africans

We have been forced to adopt a blanket identity which has forced us to think in a certain way

It's like you less often hear a black man say I will only marry X race of black person

The term black was used for unity among those that looked the same and suffered the same plight. And due to white ignorance of the thousands of different cultures from Africa, Carribbean, Australia, South America etc. Its a lazy term and so is the term 'white' tbh, but there easy so there not going away.

But isn't it necessary when you see news like:

Black people more likely to be jobless in Britain than US, research reveals

During last three recessions, unemployment among black men was up to 19 percentage points higher in UK than US

Yaojun Li, professor of sociology at Manchester University, told the conference that in Britain black male unemployment reached 29% in the early 1980s recession, 36% in the early 1990s and 22% in 2011. Unemployment figures for black men in the US were 22%, 17% and 22%.

Black women in Britain were also worse off than those in the US. Unemployment for black women in Britain in the three recessions reached 25%, 26% and 17%, compared with 20%, 12% and 13% in the US. Overall, one in 12 black Britons are unemployed, compared with one in 16 in the US. Li, who examined 2.7m responses from three datasets in the UK and US, said: "There is greater ethnic inequality in Britain than in the USA for both sexes … If you are black you are more likely to be without work in the UK."

http://www.guardian....oyed-britain-us

\

Aff parents and who they want us to marry are funny considering the odds..

Not only do they want you to marry someone black, but from africa, same country, same tribe, in england, and has a brain..when in total were 2% of the pop. Ok.

:lol:

Some of you lot give me joke. I've just openly said what has been taking place amongst races for thousands of years ESPECIALLY amongst the powers that be. Only difference is it's not said, they just do it. What? You think it's like that by chance? Parents just willy nilly let their children marry & reproduce with whom they like? f*ck off :lol:

The fact that your purposely ignorant to it or not is laughable.

AGAIN!

White people & some lost black people want to take issue with what I said but white/Indian/Chinese do the same thing all day long yet I don't hear any of you donuts say a thing :/

Smh

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I think in our lifetiymes, we classify ourselves as 'Black' far more than a white person would say 'I'm White'

Like you see those equal opportunities things you do when you apply for a job, or whenever you watch a documentary, have you ever noticed Africa is just Afriica and the people are just Africans

Bro, Africa is probably worse when it comes to tolerating people from different tribes. Can only imagine the backlash if I married a Muslim Northener lol

That's a religious thing though, same applied everywhere

If we as different categories of Africans work alongside each other for better yes we will be like the Pakistanis or Bangladeshis true

The problem with the black blanket term means that many pieces of a jigsaw have to fit together that may not particularly be made to do so, we are not Americans who sufferred the misfortune of being displaced hence having to huddle together.

We are following the failed "African-American" model and its not even made for us

We had a chance to supercede it but we are falling right into that trap

If we cater to our own distinct communities instead of trying to run some mass pro-black drive then maybe we can in future work together as just black people

Break it down into smaller units then go forward

Not to say everyone is enemy but, for example, when you make a car you have to assemble the brakes before you attach them to the wheel you cant take any short-cuts

Again I may be rambling

• Upvote 1

Planet your not rambling, its exactly the point. Why copy a model that doesn't work?

But tbh certain countries names in Africa dont even mean anything lol, literally real life sim cites made up in the berlin conference. The true cause of every civil war in Africa. But we can still build from this here and certain countries in Africa need to be divided for peace and progress.