20 seasons awards

The Flyest

Shortlists for public and panel votes to mark 20th anniversary are unveiled

cq5dam.thumbnail.490.338.margin.png

VOTE NOW IN THE 20 SEASONS AWARDS

The Premier League has launched its 20 Seasons Awards to help celebrate the 20th anniversary of the competition.

The greatest players, managers and moments from the past 20 years will all be acknowledged, with five awards to be decided by a public vote and six by a panel of experts.

PUBLIC VOTES

Goal, Celebration, Match, Save, Fantasy XI

Fans will help decide who wins the awards for Best Goal, Best Match, Best Save and Best Celebration, and you can also come up with your all-time Premier League Fantasy XI from a shortlist of 80 players.

A panel of leading football figures, journalists and commentators will decide who wins the Best Player, Best Manager, Best Team, Best Season and Best Quote categories, as well as helping to pick the final Fantasy XI.

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard, who has won the title three times and is the only midfielder to ever score 150 goals in the competition, says he feels privileged to have played in the Premier League for so long.

PANEL VOTES

Team, Season, Quote, Player, Manager, Fantasy XI

"For me and for many of us, the Premier League is the greatest in the world and has been for a long time," said Lampard. "I feel very fortunate to have played so many games, against so many top players, against so many top clubs."

Steve Bruce, who captained Manchester United to the title in the first season of the competition in 1992/93, says he believes the Premier League is the best football competition on Earth.

"All players would have loved to have played in the Premier League from the year dot," said Bruce, who went on to manage Birmingham, Wigan Athletic and Sunderland in the Premier League too.

"For me, it was just the last three or four years [of my career], but unquestionably the Premier League has been fantastic over the years."

Special competition

Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira, who won the title in 1997/98, 2001/02 and 2003/04 with the Gunners, told premierleague.com why the Premier League is so special.

"I love the passion around the game, I love the atmosphere in the stadiums, and I like the players playing without so much pressure, players trying to express themselves and playing with freedom," said Vieira.

"I'm very proud that I've had the chance to play in the Premier League so often"

- David James

David James, who made 572 appearances in the Premier League in a long and disinguished career, added: "The Premier League has grown so big, you have coverage worldwide and just look at the stars that have played in the League. I'm very proud that I've had the opportunity to play in it so often."

Fans can submit selections in the public vote categories through a specially-designed microsite on premierleague.com, which is live from Tuesday 17th April until Monday 30th April.

As well as revealing the category shortlists, the Premier League 20 Seasons website will have video clips of all the nominations so that fans can re-live the shortlisted goals, matches, saves and celebrations to help make their selections.

And the public can also select an ultimate Premier League Fantasy Team from a shortlist of the greatest players from the last 20 years.

Fans can pick a goalkeeper, two centre-backs, one left-back, one right-back, two central midfielders, one right midfielder, one left midfielder and two forwards for an all-time XI.

There are 10 shortlisted players in each position. The shortlists for all the categories have been created by nominations submitted by all UK national newspapers as well as the Premier League's five live Broadcast Partners in the UK.

A number of the winners will be honoured at a special presentation ceremony on Tuesday 15th May.

PUBLIC VOTES

• Best Goal
  • Best Match
  • Best Save
  • Best Celebration

PANEL VOTES

• Best Team
  • Best Players
  • Best Quote
  • Best Season
  • Best Manager

PANEL & PUBLIC VOTES

• Fantasy XI

http://www.premierle...ons-awards.html

Guest petercrotch

best goal- rooney overhead kick

match - manchester united 8 arsenal 2

save- seaman vs i think it was sheffield united or southampton

celebration ketsbire

best team- united 1998/1999

player- sir ryan giggs

manager- ferguson

Team

Schemichel

Neville vidic stam cole

Beckham scholes cantona giggs

Henry Vanistlerooy

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

• 3 weeks later...
Guest petercrotch

Get in there wazza well fckin deserved .

And to the boo boys that are jumping on the anti united bandwagon

Lets look at the circumstances surrounding the overhead kick .

1 minute to go , possible title decider against our local rivals who had spent half a billion pounds, played sh*t for most of the season and as per usual people were doubting his skill .

then he does that

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3