Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vertigo

Gang members jailed for shooting of five-year-old girl

41 posts in this topic

Dutty looking wastemen.

1619664121ucj.jpg

Three members of a south London street gang who shot and paralysed a five-year-old girl have been jailed for a total of 45 years.

Nathaniel Grant, Anthony McCalla and Kazeem Kolawole were chasing a man they believed was a member of a rival gang when Thusha Kamaleswaran was shot in the chest as she played in her uncle's south London shop in March last year.

The bullet hit her spine before passing out of her back. In the moments after the shooting she twice went into cardiac arrest as medics battled to save her.

The trio were found guilty last month of causing grievous bodily harm with intent to Thusha and shopper Roshan Selvakumar, who was shot in the face, as well as attempted murder of their intended victim Roshaun Bryan. Grant will serve a minimum of 17 years, and Kolawole and McCalla at least 14 years. Kolawole, 19, of Kennington, south-east London; McCalla, 20, of Streatham, south London; and Grant, 21, of Camberwell, south-east London, were told their crimes were "of the utmost gravity".

Judge Martin Stephens QC said: "Much of what you did was captured on CCTV and has been shown on television screens across the land. "One can only imagine the effect on the public when they saw what you had done." The court heard that Thusha had been caught in the crossfire of a "tit-for-tat" feud between the Brixton-based GAS gang – short for Guns And Shanks – and rivals ABM – or All 'Bout Money – based in neighbouring Stockwell.

The GAS gang is notorious in the south London and is known to be responsible for killing three teenagers in 20 months.

Sentencing, the judge said the trio had gone out with a "determined, premeditated intention to kill" the night Thusha was shot, adding it was an "exceptional case of the utmost gravity". "Five-year-old Thusha, who was dancing around with her family in the shop, was hit in the body. Only the skill and devotion of the medical teams who became involved saved her life but she remains paralysed below her chest and this condition is permanent.

"This simple but devastating statement of the essential facts of the case illustrate the gravity of these offences, riddled as they are with aggravating factors."

He said the sentences had to reflect "the public's abhorrence" at the shooting of a five-year-old. "Shooting twice into a small and confined space where it was known there were people present can be denounced as an attack on society itself by men who saw themselves as outside the law and above the law." In an interview after the verdicts last month, Thusha, now six, said: "I worry that someone will try to hurt me again." Her mother, Sharmila Kamaleswaran, is said to have suffered insomnia and depression.

Kamaleswaran said in a victim impact statement that seeing her daughter, who dreamed of being a dancer, in a hospital bed "took my heart away".

Police who investigated the case have set up a fund to help raise money to support Thusha's family. Already donations have topped £125,000, and a group of 15 officers and police staff are doing the Three Peaks Challenge in September – attempting to climb the highest peaks in England, Scotland and Wales – to raise further funds.

waste of lives

sad for the girl- she cant walk anymore BUTTT

15+ years when noone died

grevious bodily harm to the girl :/ they accepted that the intended target was next don

but boyy

15 years is about right to be honest . Should have been charged with attempted murder considering they tried to gun down a rival gang member

waste of lives

grevious bodily harm to the girl :/ they accepted that the intended target was next don

but boyy

Her life is ruined forever they did kill her really.

they should re introduce slavery for people like this

not just for blacks but whites or asians too...

when you behave in this fashion you should lose your entitlement to live amonsgt humans as equals

they should re introduce slavery for people like this

not just for blacks but whites or asians too...

when you behave in this fashion you should lose your entitlement to live amonsgt humans as equals

What do you think prison is?

And somebody really negged me for saying putting a 5 year old girl in a wheelchair is f*cked? p*ssy.

jail is a holiday

chains

hard labour

no remorse no appeal

you work till you die

And what do you think would happen if prison became legit slavery?

A "war on drugs" type deal.

Them 3 guys mite as well be put to death, nobody is going to benefit from them being alive tbh.

waste of lives

but boyy

How would you feel if that was your 5 year old sister/daughter?

Serious question

should've been more,

the way ytey jest blasted into a shop indescriminantly potetially puts everybody at risk, poor girl's life will never be what it could've been.

15 years is about right to be honest . Should have been charged with attempted murder considering they tried to gun down a rival gang member

i think they were actually

didnt clock it at first but it says so in the article

so anyway like i droppd i when the article got droppd on time, anyone screaming any reckless talk scream at me

i swear to you if you PM me and drop me your digits, look to link up at the weekend, you wont talk any more badness

but really your all d*ckheads behind a screen

so anyway like i droppd i when the article got droppd on time, anyone screaming any reckless talk scream at me

i swear to you if you PM me and drop me your digits, look to link up at the weekend, you wont talk any more badness

You what?

Bruv why do you think you're such a wickedman on the internet? You're not!

One of these man your cousin or something?

ur a c*nt... youve screamed this sh*t at me and details were provided to no avail. watch him now be much more ready now that im conveniently 6000 miles away

i made you run out of your own ends

pipe down son

What?

+

Middle one looks like Chris Partlow

waste of lives

but boyy

What? They should all get numbers triple digits

Why are you on the internet asking guys for their 'digits' and trying to get them to 'link up' with you 'at the weekend'?

The fact that your name is 'Woodpecker' makes that comment so much more suspect.

No ratings.

Are you related to these man or something? Clearly this rage is due to a familial connection or some 'thug love'.

142158.jpg

Lmao at Marvell callin about 6 guys out since he left the country n claiming every1 else is gettin brave

tbh i rarely call anyone in particular out i just leave a general offer should you want to consider it

what im referring to are particular PM's sent to me calling me out