Suits

Guest chap44uns

y u shakin ur head with nothing constructive to say.

I'm only asking because I've noticed a difference in what the really successful people, successful and average performers at work wear and it mostly correlates in some way with their dress/tie sense.

I've noticed a difference in what the really successful people, successful and average performers at work wear and it mostly correlates in some way with their dress/tie sense.

what is the difference youve noticed?

dont know the answer to your original q

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you guys wear ties that colour match the suit/tie, or something different that stands out?

Its more if it matches and goes with the shirt.

White shirts you can pretty much wear any tie with it, I have tons of striped ties I wear with white shirts

+

If you're wearing a striped or checked shirt, wear a plain tie and vice versa

To be fair i'm more asking the people that work in suits all year round rather than those who wear them a few times or for a month out of the year.

Sorta noticed it in estate agency, through to retail banking, mortgages and then corporate banking that the higher performers seem to generally wear bolder ties, brighter colours even if it dont really match what they're wearing.

/

Co sign what someone said about suit etiquette. It's the little details like don't wear striped ties on striped shirts, or brown shoes with black buttons etc

/

@ Gayle, striped tie and white shirt gets a regular reload, standard procedure for any interview i have. This tie has not let me down in my last 3 interviews

FVaUR.jpg

STOP IT STOP STOP IT....f*ck*ng STOP IT

EVERY 3 WEEKS A SUIT THREAD IS MADE

THEN U GONNA GET THE 'IN THE KNOW' 'S COME OUT WITH "YEAH GO HARLEY STREET AND SAVILLE ROW FAM"

SHUT UP

U ARE NOT THAT GUY....NONE OF U ARE

GO TO MOSS, GO TO ZARA, GO TO THEM TIE AND RACK TYPE SHOPS AND f*ck OFF WITH THIS SUIT BUSINESS

SAME MAN CHATTING SAVILLE ROW WILL BE IN THE VACANCY THREAD TAKING NOTES ON THE LATEST OPENING IN SAINSBURYS

f*ck OFF

My Dad wears Saville Row suits.

Are you mad?

nah but really why would we care what ur dad does, this isnt the 'what does ur old man wear thread' -although that would probably be more entertaining.

venom is obv saying that there are guys on here that will come in a thread and tell guys to get £1000+ suits made, even though they havent worn a shirt and tie since school, just like there's guys in the car thread who dont own a vehicle or driver's license telling everyone who might listen that kraut motors are the only ones worth buying