Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gordon Gekko

Xbox Disconnected from Xbox Live

6 posts in this topic

Alright people,

Can anyone help?! Basically in the last 3 or 4 days my Xbox Live keeps disconnecting. Its f*ck*ng infuriating. I thought it was the wireless adapter so I exchanged it and it still does it. I've plugged in ethernet and it doesn't disconnect (but I don't want to be having the cable running around the house). This is the only times this has happened since I bought the wireless adapter in November and I've not changed ISP, router or anything. I have my laptop on when it disconnects from xbox live but my laptop is still connected to internet so its not asif the wifi signal drops out.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Ethernet powerline adapters is what you need.

Playing on a wireless connection is dead

My wireless adapter used to be sick, never dropped. moved house and its garbage.

Get homeplugs. you can use your ethernet with no wires running thru the house

Real pros use wires pal.

You got a bt home hub?

Something similar happened to me. Basically some of the settings in the router changed on their own. I googled the problem and there was a solution about what I had to change on the router settings page.

If you want to continue using wireless - this problem sounds like it's caused by interference.

Maybe your neighbors have bought a new router / moved it around the house.

Login to your routers settings and try change the Wireless channel it is using - experiment with different ones until you get a stable connection.