What did you make as a young'n?

Captain Planet

Reminiscing today, I used to create my own entertainment sadly because we didn't have many toys except Lego.

I remember me and my bro made lego football teams, like we didnt have Subduteo so instead we made about 5 Lego men each, and glued/taped shirts to them front and back lol

Used to play epic games on the kitchen floor because it was terraso, it was always politics when I did a Van Bommel and literally dismantled one of my bros pieces with a 'tackle' but funny in nevertheless.

When a bit older round 7-8 one of my friends bought me one of those WCW bend and flex wrestlers, I had Sting and Goldberg.

516hXq6RMaL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I didn't have the arena so what I did was use one cardboard drinks crate like the ones you see in Lidl etc. Had a ring, ramp and all sorts, supported the ring using four of these cut down to size and places vertically like below :

make-your-own%20binoculars.jpg

Literally everything else was made from cereal boxes, lol and of course some random household accessories were the weapons.

Literally destroyed that thing over the space of a month with mock hardcore matches lol.

What did you make as a young'n?

£2.50 on every paper round I shared with the my boy. At one point I had 5 paper rounds but was only working 1. Made my boys do the rest and I'd take the extra cut.

Newsagents found out 2 months later and I lost all the rounds... How was I to know that all the local newsagents were owned by a dude named Singh

did anyone have the childcraft books?

418gorfmmAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

this was like my bible

people ask me what im doin, the answer was always 'making something' + deep concentration

i made many many things

once made a robot out of cardboard, the body was carboard and i attached a motor to the head, so he had like a helicoptor head

brought it into school, one of my proudest moments, after i showed it to the class it fell apart but the fact that it lasted till i got to school was a triumph in itself

used to be well into origami aswell

i miss making stuff, i think when i get the space again im gna get a sewing machine or start doin woodwork

Guest PROFIT MARGINS

this was like my bible

people ask me what im doin, the answer was always 'making something' + deep concentration

i made many many things

once made a robot out of cardboard, the body was carboard and i attached a motor to the head, so he had like a helicoptor head

brought it into school, one of my proudest moments, after i showed it to the class it fell apart but the fact that it lasted till i got to school was a triumph in itself

i miss making stuff, i think when i get the space again im gna get a sewing machine or start doin woodwork

My dad always had me making shit like that, he was a carpenter so was always on me doing stuff with wood, his workshop was the sickest place in the work when I was 7....using mad power tools made me feel like a proper man lol

Still do origami sometimes got shit loads of books in it (no raegus)

I find it really therapeutic

this was like my bible

i made many many things

My dad always had me making shit like that, he was a carpenter so was always on me doing stuff with wood, his workshop was the sickest place in the work when I was 7....using mad power tools made me feel like a proper man lol

Still do origami sometimes got shit loads of books in it (no raegus)

I find it really therapeutic

LMAO

im sorry for laughin

nh

• Upvote 1

i used to make bows and arrows a lot when we visited my cousin who lived near woods and catapults, like actual decent ones. i made a cross bow i was very proud of, it had a trigger mechanism, i made little sharpened bolts with fletching on them and targets, it was pretty accurate. Thing was f*ck*ng lethal, it got confiscated after i shot a bolt straight through one of my mums plastic lawn chair from about five meters away, i stole it back and my mum made my dad dismantle it after i pointed it at my sister.

and dens sh*t load of dens.

used to buil up my polly pocket yards, proper fix them up and line em up in a pretty row.

Also when I had gerbils and hamsters, them rat like f*ckery there, I would make mazes for them out of video tapes.

Everyone knows about sitting in the cadboard box and pretending u was in a tv alie