Mayor of London

Thun

Mayor of London  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to be Mayor

fuck red ken

guy wasted off london with his congestion charges, red routes, bus lanes and no parking every fucking where......

the same time though Boris is a joke and will one day be PM...because Labour is going to sweep up next election and the Tories will need a new face...who better then Boris.

RIP Lib Dems

i think people were reasonable enough to separate Boris from the conservative party hence him winning.

Ken's speech was so cringeworthy, just concede and bugger off.

Labour wouldnt have just won like that if they put anyone against Boris.

i reckon its Ken's clout and to his credit that he was able to come so close to winning

They would have had to put someone with superstar status to beat boris.

The only person i can think of would've been Alan Sugar,

or who's that MP for Tottenham?

Boris might seem light a blundering buffoon but this guy knows what he is doing and takes his politics seriously

2 terms as london mayor aint no joke and the Torries will need a face not a joke like hague and duncan smith to rep them

i think people were reasonable enough to separate Boris from the conservative party hence him winning.

Ken's speech was so cringeworthy, just concede and bugger off.

Labour wouldnt have just won like that if they put anyone against Boris.

i reckon its Ken's clout and to his credit that he was able to come so close to winning

They would have had to put someone with superstar status to beat boris.

The only person i can think of would've been Alan Sugar,

or who's that MP for Tottenham?

lol @ thinking david lammy would be elected mayor

bwoy.... i wouldnt vote for him but he fits the script

wifed whitey

doesnt sound like a black man (according to david starkey)

doesnt live in tottenham

went to the right schools

is an uncle tom @ heart

he's got many of the boxes ticked

Boris might seem light a blundering buffoon but this guy knows what he is doing and takes his politics seriously

2 terms as london mayor aint no joke and the Torries will need a face not a joke like hague and duncan smith to rep them

I never said he was

Tories have Cameron who they already dislike, they have been divided in themselves for a while between the soft rights and hard rights

At the moment Cameron and co getting slaughtered by their own people and strong speculation the senior Tories are pressuring him and Osbourne into adopting more extreme tax cuts, even less spending.

So if they lose the next election why would they elect someone like Boris who is even less right than Cameron, he doesn't even have any real back bench support at the moment and he isn't an mp in the commons either so its hard to gather that support.

Yes he can become an MP but he knows it for the best of his party if he doesn't as the media will stir things up and create a battle between him and Cameron which would hand the next election to Labour.

If Conservatives somehow win the next election Cameron will obviously do a Blair and hand the leadership over to Osbourne. This will again prevent Boris becoming next leader.

Its not as simple as ''needing a face''

If anything Cameron was that ''face'' as he called himself the heir to Blair and he was almost failed so why would they go down that route again if it fails?

They are called conservatives for a reason... They are skeptical of what they dont know (Boris Johnsons eccentricity) and tradition (the Hagues and Duncan Smiths), which is IMO type of appointment they will go for next time because if Cameron f*cks up can't see Osbourne not going down with him.

Just gotta look at the Cabinet really to see who is in contention. IMO they will go for either Theresa May or Hague with Gove as an outside bet.

Liam Fox and Jeremy Hunt would've been in contention if not for the scandals they have been involved in.

Johnson is just a big fish in a small pond at the moment, he's all talk and no policy once you get past his rhetoric.

Lib Dems are finished, Green Party, UKIP are too small and Labour wern't really represented, if they had anyone other person in rather than Ken they probably wouldve won, just look at all the other seats they gained, just because people dislike Ken from before.

no labour wouldnt of won people wont for someone they dont know.... from time he said fuck labour went independent and won showed labour they NEED him...just his second term when he went back to labour put off a lot of his voters and even turned some against him the next time round.......

with the Boris ting lets see how this next term plays out but i dont think he will go for a third and him becoming a MP again is nothing espesh if he stands in Henley a safe seat

If and probably when the torries lose the next elections prob by a landslide.....Cameron will step down and Boris will throw himself into the hat and depending how this term goes as mayor will prob win.....then he will have 4 or so years to challenge the boring Miliband

and he will thump him

OF course you can never predict politics because people are fickle, money talks and scandal is round the corner.

• 3 years later...

They have done kahn and labour dirty in the run up to this.

Voting khan rather than an extended Boris run, big chance he won't win.

The Tory machine has been on point, along with the Blair spawn in Labour who don't mind sacrificing the next election for Jeremy getting out. 

Lol everyone already forgiven Cameron for his tax dodging. Shit moves fast...

• Upvote 3

I don't think a single white person is voting Khan.

One guy in my office who HATES the Tories told me he voted Goldsmith cos Khan's been on stage with extremists. Will be landslide.

Dunno what Labour were thinking tbh. Guys think it's 2096 out here. The got rid of a Bengali mayor of Tower Hamlets ffs. Not in this country mate.

edit: Don't get it twisted Khan is a shithouse regardless.