Barcelona - Life After Pep?

Mame Biram Diouf

You have to make changes though

Thats why Fergie has been so successful

Missed Villa loads this season

Sanchez has not done enough IMO

Kinda glad we didn't sign him in a way because fully fit i'd take Nani and Valencia starting over him

Much more team players

Agree Villa injury has been a massive blow. No one in the world can do what he does imo and when fully fit still the best striker around (even though he hasnt played there all season).

Disagree about Sanchez though. He had some serious injury issues as well and even aside from that hes been class when he plays. Also is such a threat when plays through the middle with messi just behind him. And Id have him over Valencia any day of the week.

be a shame to see him stop managing them, done wonders for the club and last season they were unbelievable. At the same time i'd love to see

what he could do at another club.

Biesla would be a good replacement

lol @ ppl questioning busquets ability, great player and reads the game brilliantly. Very intellegent with his use of the ball

Alot of people might disagree with me im sure... But the biggest difference Ive noticed between this seasons Barca and last seasons Barca is how greedy Messi is.

There used to be so much talk about how Messi is better than Ronaldo because he plays for the team and Ronaldo just hogs it etc etc, but the last 12 months Ive seen a complete reversal of this. Ronaldo playing more for the team and Messi playing more by himself.

• Upvote 1

Alot of people might disagree with me im sure... But the biggest difference Ive noticed between this seasons Barca and last seasons Barca is how greedy Messi is.

There used to be so much talk about how Messi is better than Ronaldo because he plays for the team and Ronaldo just hogs it etc etc, but the last 12 months Ive seen a complete reversal of this. Ronaldo playing more for the team and Messi playing more by himself.

lol

• Downvote 1

be a shame to see him stop managing them, done wonders for the club and last season they were unbelievable. At the same time i'd love to see

what he could do at another club.

Biesla would be a good replacement

lol @ ppl questioning busquets ability, great player and reads the game brilliantly. Very intellegent with his use of the ball

Just been having a discussion with a couple of cules - Bielsa seems to be the common choice, in line with most online polls.

He has the closest playing style (though it's all fury and sometimes needs a little 'pausa' and control) so it wouldn't hurt the squad too much. He also has the knowledge/connections with Messi and Alexis Sanchez.

And he's having a great season with Athletic. Yes, their league form is poor, but with a bigger squad and better players he can surely achieve more.

The downsides would be the fact that he's never really won major trophies or managed a big club, the weird press conferences he would have (imagine the battles with Mourinho ), and his style of management - which is to scream and shout at players. That may work with kids or medium-level players who haven't achieved much...but I don't know how well it will match to a squad of players who have won everything in the game.

/

Yaya was that guy then Busquets emerged as a better fit for the team's system and has become part of the spine of Barca and The national team

Wenger's greatest decision as Arsenal boss would be to let himself go for Pepe Guardiola.

He needs to see that this is the man to bring us to levels Wenger couldn't achieve.

I would be forever grateful to Arsene if he done his best in securing his own replacement.

We've got our own little Messi in Oxlade & potentially Gnabry so there is no need to fear for Pepe.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's true, Messi has been much more greedy.

lol

I have to ask this because it seems like people have forgotten that barcelona won the champions league in 06 with many of the same players that are at the team now.

Yes players some players have been moved on and the formation has been jigged about, but I got the feeling watching that 06 team that they were on the verge of greatness anyhow.

So onto greatness they went under the guidance of Guardiola but, and here is the question... What really did Guardiola give Barcelona that they weren't on the verge of anyway?

Now I know its almost blasphemous to ask that but the team of 05/06 had Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes and I distinctly remember a quote from Ronaldinho who was at the team at the time when he said "Best player in the world? I'm not even the best player at Barcelona" He was talking about the a young Lionel Messi, so the crux of this special team were already in place.

If he does leave Barcelona will his lack of presence really have that big of an effect on the club as some are suggesting? I highly doubt it.

Wenger's greatest decision as Arsenal boss would be to let himself go for Pepe Guardiola.

He needs to see that this is the man to bring us to levels Wenger couldn't achieve.

I would be forever grateful to Arsene if he done his best in securing his own replacement.

We've got our own little Messi in Oxlade & potentially Gnabry so there is no need to fear for Pepe.

:rofl:

• Upvote 1

I have to ask this because it seems like people have forgotten that barcelona won the champions league in 06 with many of the same players that are at the team now.

Yes players some players have been moved on and the formation has been jigged about, but I got the feeling watching that 06 team that they were on the verge of greatness anyhow.

So onto greatness they went under the guidance of Guardiola but, and here is the question... What really did Guardiola give Barcelona that they weren't on the verge of anyway?

Now I know its almost blasphemous to ask that but the team of 05/06 had Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol, Valdes and I distinctly remember a quote from Ronaldinho who was at the team at the time when he said "Best player in the world? I'm not even the best player at Barcelona" He was talking about the a young Lionel Messi, so the crux of this special team were already in place.

If he does leave Barcelona will his lack of presence really have that big of an effect on the club as some are suggesting? I highly doubt it.

Barcelona were infact on the verge of decline in 2007/2008. Yes, the talent was there but we all know that talent isn't enough, and a certain level of discipline & work ethic has to be instilled which is what Guardiola has given to Barcelona in addition to a slicker passing game/pressing & tactical nous.

One of the best things he did was get rid of Ronaldinho, Deco & eventually Eto'o because whilst even Dinho envisioned Messi becoming better than him, those players were very much what Terry, Lampard & Drogba are to Chelsea now, which are players who may still contribute but in a sense holding the team back.

Will he be missed? Of course. The core of this team GREW UP on this man. The football may stay the same, but that will to win & be consistent won't be as strong IMO, going to take one hell of a man-manager to keep that going.

Barcelona were infact on the verge of decline in 2007/2008. Yes, the talent was there but we all know that talent isn't enough, and a certain level of discipline & work ethic has to be instilled which is what Guardiola has given to Barcelona in addition to a slicker passing game/pressing & tactical nous.

One of the best things he did was get rid of Ronaldinho, Deco & eventually Eto'o because whilst even Dinho envisioned Messi becoming better than him, those players were very much what Terry, Lampard & Drogba are to Chelsea now, which are players who may still contribute but in a sense holding the team back.

Will he be missed? Of course. The core of this team GREW UP on this man. The football may stay the same, but that will to win & be consistent won't be as strong IMO, going to take one hell of a man-manager to keep that going.

I agree with most of what you've said but what do you mean by this? Do you mean Guardiola's history with the club?

I agree with most of what you've said but what do you mean by this? Do you mean Guardiola's history with the club?

He's the Diego Maradona of those players there. Except he's a good coach.