Arsene Wenger - "I'm nearly 70, loaded, fed up of being smart, f*ck it, yolo, going out with a bang"

Out: Diaby, Benneyoun, Squillaci, Arshavin, Vela, Denilson, Lansbury, Chamakh, Park, Eastmond, Bartley, Shea, Gallindo, Wellington, Botelleho, Almunia & Bendtner.

IN: Podolski, Vertonghen, M'Villa, Bellhanda

I'll leave the debatable ones but the ones stricken out I strongly disagree with.

Yes, for some reason, even Arshavin. I don't know why. :/

diaby is an injury wreck, he cant stay fit.

plus fm told me hes on 50k, we need to free up that wage bill.

• Upvote 2

My thoughts were "If it wasn't for the Euros then we'd be doing it at a later date", but Podolski had a year left and was about to play on the biggest European stage in football.

Is Vertonghen in the same boat? Once I start hearing some other names circulate I'll believe it. I also think it has a lot to do with Van Persie getting tied down before he cuts off to the Euros too. Show him we mean business next season etc.

Yes Vertonghen contract situation is exactly the same as Podolski's.

Well there you go. More a case of Wenger's not leaving these 2 to chance so wrap it up early. I'm not expecting any more movement after those 2 until players start heading out, which unfortunately is what f**ked him up last time. :mad:

Yes Vertonghen contract situation is exactly the same as Podolski's.

Well there you go. More a case of Wenger's not leaving these 2 to chance so wrap it up early. I'm not expecting any more movement after those 2 until players start heading out, which unfortunately is what f**ked him up last time. :mad:

I agree, however no club wants to leave deals for players going to the Euros till after the Euros... So the M'Vila situation for example will be sorted before.

As for players heading out, its the club's fault. Just like I use to tell JJ with O'Neill, its not really your managers responsibility to shift dead weight, its his job not to buy it, but once its there, Ivan and them have to dispose of it, thats their job. We get no use out of these players, so if you can't sell them, cancel their contracts, pay them up and get on to buying the players you now want and will use.

It makes no sense financially or sporting wise, to be holding back a club or forcing it to have to live with Squillaci's when the manager clearly doesnt want to use him and you could argue it was this policy of waiting for dead wood to leave/being tght that resulted in us being left to buy a Squillaci in the first place... It was the board that played hard ball with Gallas, let Campbell go Newcastle, and didn't get Jagielka... Think we even let Senderos go, as much as Senderos cost us at times, to end up with a guy we don't ever wanna use, its just such an EPIC FAIL.